Do you feel guilty if you start eating before saying grace?

I do

Favorite Answer

Not really guilty, but as though I've forgotten something. I'm a Humanist, but my grandchildren are being reared as Christians, so their grandmother and I lead them in saying grace. We've done it often enough to become used to it, and now I find myself thinking about saying grace even when the little ones are not around. Such is the power of habit.

Are you talking about a prayer before meals or someone using the word Grace, Yes, I say a prayer before I eat, but you will be surprise when I ask someone to say grace, that is all they do, they say the word grace.

I say grace after I eat

• I feel guilty because numerous times, God hasn't let me choke on or eat poisoned food. Plus the food I am eating now, might not be around for my kids. So yes.

I feal guilty if I do say grace

yea i do because i am not thanking god for the food that i am eating and the thing that i have on the table .that why i say grace before i eat.

I don't know any reason to say Grace before I eat. I don't know anybody called Grace.

Yes. I sometimes eat what is told to us in the old testament not to eat. But if you bless it before you eat - then it is fine (that is what it says in the new testament). If I remember correctly it is because of the last supper and how he blessed the food and drink in remembrance of him.

See the food laws for the old testament info: http://www.1335.com/foodlaws.html

No...I feel guilty if I start eating before saying "This looks great! Thanks!" to whoever bought the food and cooked the meal.

Grace? Noooo... she passed away 30 years ago!