promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
dan asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

I've just started getting pop ups saying my pc has been infected with a virus. If i click on the balloon it

takes me to a website saying i need to download their software. I haven't of course but i have run a scan with my virus protection software (Norton) and no viruses or adware have been detected. Will the pop up go away on it's own? It's been doing it for the past hour now, about every 5 - 10 mins. The pop up says that all my personal information can be seen. How do i get rid of it?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • G
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If none of the above work,use this, its free.

http://superantispyware.com/

SUPERAntiSpyware is the most thorough scanner on the market. Our Multi-Dimensional Scanning and Process Interrogation Technology will detect spyware that other products miss! SUPERAntiSpyware will remove ALL the Spyware, NOT just the easy ones!

Easily remove over 100,000 pests such as SmitFraud, Vundo, WinFixer, SpyAxe, SpyFalcon, WinAntiVirus, AntiVermins and thousands more!

Make sure after you download any of these, that you update them.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Looks like you have already been advised as to anti spam software sources. The impact of this software is directly related to the complex level of the spam. You take a chance when clicking on anything. Payloads can be activated with a click of the mouse. Any message stating that your system is trashed 'click here', your paypal account is trashed 'click here, your checking account is trashed 'click here' etc. are fishing with a p and just waiting for someone to bite. If you half believe some of the alarmest email that you receive then verify off-line if any of it is true. The internet is public, just like a public park or beach. You have to be careful where you sit and where you step. Tis true. For more assistance - just 'click here' - I'm kidding, kinda, sorta, maybe. |;-]

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I suggest that you try to carryout system restore to a day previous to the day when there was no virus or any problems. It may be a few weeks or months back. You have to decide the date. Detailed instructions are posted at http://fixit.in/systemrestore.html

The problem is likely to be solved. Then,You insatll a standard antivirus soft ware such as Norton, AVG , Avast ( free antivirus software and Ad-aware, Ewido ( free spyware removers). You can download free softwares at

http://fixit.in/antivirus.html and http://fixit.in/spywareremover.html

• 1 decade ago

Firstly try a restart, it may just be a webpage that's sneakily generating the popups, if that doesn't work, there may be some adware lurking on your machine that Norton doesn't know about. See if any updates are available for Norton and re-scan.

Failing that, see if you can get a copy of AdAware, you may have more luck with that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

dont do anything just go off the net run your spyware software if that doesnt get rid of it run anti virus watever u do dont go to that site it most probably will infect ur pc if u cant get rid of the thing that saya u have a virus and ur anti virus doesnt pick up any virisus just do a system restore

• 4 years ago

initially disconnect your self from the internet so as that the virus can no longer get admission to your laptop. Secondly backup all your important documents onto an exterior gadget alongside with yet another laptop, hardrive, USB memory stick and attempt to no longer comprise .exe purposes (courses) via that maximum viruses are .exe. as quickly as you have backup up all your documents format your total laptop making use of the working gadget disk and do a clean set up. i want to propose formatting your hardrive because of the fact some viruses can not be got here across or once you think of you have deleted it, it is going back. as quickly as you have formatted your hardrive the virus has then long gone thoroughly after which you properly placed your application and all your documents back onto the laptop. additionally placed some anti virus application on your laptop that wont expire alongside with Microsoft risk-free practices necessities. desire this helps

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if ur using p2p network file sharing software. please delete it that is why you have this problem now

AD-aware - personal

avg antispyware

spybot search and destory

anitspyware blocker

A-squared

spyware doctor

xoftspy

you download them . then you run 1 at a time to scan ur pc . use deep scan with them all .when found spyware or addware .malware .trojan in da scan . just hit on delete.also have registry machanic . that will clean up ur pc registry you want to use a good anitivurs .. Kaspersky .antivirus is verry good .when you have scan ur pc .and remove da malware . then start pc in safemode and scan da pc again as in safe mode it will do a even more deep scan for spyware or malware or trojans you will not need to format da pc at all you can remove any spyware or trojan malware in da way i told you how to it is easy

• 1 decade ago

i had the same thing happen to me. what i did is when it pops up don't exit out. in internet explorer click tools, then internet options, click on the security tab up top. click on restricted sites then click the "sites" button. look at what the web address is in the pop up for the virus scanner and enter that into the box where you can type the url and click add. then click ok and then click it again. you should be good to go

• 1 decade ago

Check your internet add-ons: Tools>Manage Add-ons, and disable anything that looks suspicious.

Download adaware by lavasoft (www.lavasoftusa.com) and run that.

Try a free virus scanner like avast (www.avast.com) and see what it picks up. You want to disable norton to run the avast program.

• 1 decade ago

Download either spybot search and destroy, or lavasofts adware program. This should help to get rid of your pop up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.