I bought my car 3 years ago. I have done nothing to my tires since I bought it. Should I replace all 4 tires?

Favorite Answer

That would be a good idea. Even if the tread is still legal, tires do deteriorate with age. 3 year old tires are about ready for retirement, no pun intended.

This shows how to check your tires to see if you need new ones.

http://www.carcare.org/Tires_Wheels/tread.shtml

You CAN take it in and have a mechanic look at it, but always good to know your stuff first so you're not ripped off. Study up on how many miles your tires were good for and if you've exceeded that. Do you get regular rotates so they wear evenly? Alignments?

of course. you should. all four of them. or you can wait for a flat.and do it one at a time. it won't be long. valve stems will leak after a while. even on good tires. they deteriorate.

Yes, replace all four. Then, have them rotated at every other oil change you get. They'll last longer.

It depends if they still have tread on them. If they do i would leave them alone, if worn down get new ones.