Led*Zep*Babe asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

I know antioxidants are good for you, but what do they do exactly?

I mean, milk is good for your bones isn't it? What are antioxidants good for? The reason why I ask is because I bout V8 juice and it said it is filled with them...thanks for the help!

*bought....sorry for the spelling mistake.

Favorite Answer

I just read an article in the latest Reader's Digest that scientists are unable to 100% prove that antioxidant supplements are beneficial at all. They can only say with conviction that a diet high in fruit and vegetables (which have natural antioxidants) reduces aging, bad cholesterol, heart disease, etc. I still think drinking V8 wouldn't hurt (except watch the salt content, which I think is very high).

They nuetralize free radicals in your system. A free radical causes chemical changes within a cell and cause damage. Cell damage leads to typical health problems, like weakening your immune system and advance aging.

It'll keep you from aging.