The X-Box 360?

I just got an X-Box 360 for Christmas... I am having a little bit of trouble with it... It likes to shut off as I am playing Halo... I don't know why, but the little light on the power cord box keeps turning from orange to red... It keeps doing this and I cannot play it that well... When that light turns red, the 360 shuts off... I have it directly connected to the wall... no surge protector... Any help?

When I first plug it in, it has an orange light... When the system is on... It's green... Then turns red and the X-Box turns off...

Favorite Answer

the two HAVE THEIR PLUSES THE 360 HAS marvelous pictures however the video games ARE VERY costly 40 5 POUND approximately.tHERE ARE LAODS OF video games FOR the favorite XBOX and that they are extra inexpensive.in case you PLAY HALO2 there are particular issues you CANT DO on the 360 alright LIKE BEAT DOWNS AND XBR which you're able to do alright on the favorite XBOX.relies upon WHAT you like IT FOR i think AND on the 360 YOU acquire DEMOS of latest RELEASES.

Power Supply sounds like it is either overheating or is faulty. I would suggest giving the warranty department a call and having them get you a new one. Or take back the whole thing from where it was purchased and get a swap for a new one.

• Electronics only auto shut off to prevent damage to hardware, like a short or over heating...

if you can, return it to the store purchased. if they no longer accept exchanges. follow the instructions for its warranty and replacement agreement.

i have never had this problem so im not sure what to do

i though the light was supposed be green

that red light means its overheating. you need to return it for a new one

Yeah that's def. not right. I would return it and get a new one.

you should return it as fast as u can and get a brand new one=)

plug it in to another outlet.