Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Is it just me or is he sending mixed signals??

These are some things he does...emails several times a day. Drives 100 miles to see me. Sleeps over and cuddles with me the entire night. Kisses me for a long time and at random times. Breaks plans with his friend to be with me instead. Hangs out with me in public, both before and after we get busy. Then he says he just wants to be Friends with Benefits. Do people usually do all this with their FWB??? Does it sound like there are feelings involved too?

Favorite Answer

sounds exactly like a situation I was once in. I kept going along with the way things were, he never mentioned "fwb" but then again never mentioned me as "girlfriend." Eventually I found out he was also seeing a girl that was my friend on myspace. (It's a small world afterall!) Now he is dating one of my best friends who refused to listen to my advice about him. SURPRISE! He is cheating on her.

Wether he has feelings for you or not get out of the situation. If you really want to be with him, tell him how you feel about FWB and that you want to be more than that. If he really cared about YOUR feelings he would make it official.

Sounds to me like he just wants the benefits without the responsibility. This way, when and if something better come along, he can drop you without any guilt.

I'd get a commitment, or close up shop and send him packing.

Well NO, there are no "feelings" involved like you are obviously hoping, only sex. The definition of "friends with benifits" is he will sleep with you and tell you what you want to hear, then go about his usual SINGLE life which usually includes other women.

• LIZA

He is a jerk. Question is do you want to be in a friends with benefits, do you want to be use ? Of course he drops everything for you so he could get laid. He gave you a answer. You know is not mixed signals.

Sounds like he has a fear of commitment. I don't suggest FWB - someone always gets their feelings hurt in the end.

People do not do that only to be friends with benefits.I think there is feeling but he's afraid to admitted. Just give him some time.

He doesn't want to commit to you. He just wants the "good stuff" with an easy exit when the time comes.

sounds like commitment fobia