Anyone have any good recipes for New Years Eve?

I have been invited to a New Year's Eve party and have been asked to bring a snack type food(i.e. finger foods or some type of dip). Does anyone have any easy or good recipes? I do not like to cook and I love simple things so, anything that combines those two things would be great!

Favorite Answer

CRAB DIP...

on a flat plate put a layer of cream cheese

then put a layer of cocktail sauce

then put a layer of crab meat from a can

put crackers around it for dipping!

YUMMY!!

Sandwich wraps OR Mini sub sandwiches:

Deli Ham or turkey

Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip

Flour tortillas

Shredded lettuce and Sliced tomatoes

Cheese slices

Toothpicks

Take a flour tortilla and spread mayo on it, then add all the other ingredients like you would a sandwich. Roll the tortillas up and put a toothpick in them to keep them in place and cut in half.

Do the same thing if you want to make sandwiches, except use long loaves of good, crusty french or italian bread.

PREPARATION TIME: 10 Minute(s)

CHILL TIME: 2 Hour(s)

INGREDIENTS

1 package (10 oz.) baby spinach, chopped or 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry

1 container (16 oz.) sour cream

1 cup Hellmann's ® or Best Foods ® Real Mayonnaise

1 package Knorr ® Vegetable recipe mix

1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)

3 green onions, chopped (optional)

PREPARATION

Everyone loves our dip! Here's how we make it:

Combine all ingredients and chill about 2 hours. Serve with your favorite dippers to your favorite people.

A new serving idea: Hollow out cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes. Fill vegetables with Knorr ® Spinach Dip and garnish with a sprig of dill.

MAKES 4 cups dip

I make barritoes,but instead of shells ,I wrap them in eggrolls & deep fry/EVERY ONE I know LOVES my"eggrolls".I have made them for party's & I've done been asked by several people if I was going to make some this New Years-won't disappoint.Fry your hamburger(onions optional)add a can of refried beans,taco powdered mix(salsa optional)than follow directions on eggroll package. Salsa & cheese dips.

Source(s): I made it up on my own/HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

How about a tray with various types of cheeses, fruits, and crackers. No cooking involved, and you can make it look good and taste great.

my mom always makes this amazing onion dip and you serve it with chips i don't know how to make it though but you could probably find out really easily

Chinese take out is best. Shrimp Mi fung is great. Put in in a tuperware they will think you made it.

i think a good recipe could be some Chinese food or fortune cookies cause of Chinese new year

eggrolls, a shrimp platter, a cheese and sausage tray....a veggie platter.....go to a deli and you can just buy this stuff already made

Lots and lots of cocktails, friends and laughter.. Have a good one..