I need help with my cd rom?

ok i want to install my new digtal camara , but first i have to install the cd , but when i put my cd in , nothing pops up , and I need to get into the cd inorder for it to work , how can i pull up the cd rom if nothing pops up

Favorite Answer

Go to my computer and click the drive.

Assuming that your CDROM is working properly, it sounds like your autorun is turned off. Use Windows Explorer to open the CDROM and then, in the root directory of the CDROM you will find either a setup, install or autorun file. Any of those should start the driver install.

You can also just hook up the camera while the CDROM is in the drive and Windows will search for the driver. But this may not install the software included on the disc (usually a photo manager, photo editor, etc).

Put the CD in. Open My computer and double click the CD drive with the software in it. You should see a program called autorun or a setup.exe program in there that you can run to install the software.

Problems reading and writing CDs are common. In many cases, the problem cn be solved by checking the PC with free software, hardware modifications and cleaning the CD drive. I found the information at http://fixit.in/cdrdrive.html useful.