promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

is it possible to have a malfunction with your adrenaline?

Sometimes i will just be sitting as calm as cal be, driving or watching TV, anything and it feels like I just got so scared. Like that pound heart beat and feeling like you got punched in the gut, feels just like being scared. I have had my heart checked, i had a 48 hour holter monitor, they found nothing.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Seeker
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You need to have a complete physical checkup by a qualified physician. No one answering here can determine what is causing you these symptoms. It may simply be anxiety attacks. These can at times occur without any obvious precipitating factors. There might be a problem with some intermittent cardiac arrhythmia which the halter monitor test was unable to pick up if the symptoms did not occur during the time of the test. There are various hormonal conditions which could cause these symptoms as well, some related to the adrenal glands and some to the thyroid for instance. Also there are some tumors (some of them benign) which can intermittently cause symptoms in the nature of what you describe. But again, a lot of tests must be ordered by a qualified physician and then performed before an exact determination of what is causing YOUR symptoms can be made.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You should consult your Dr. again, you could be having anxiety attacks, or there may be a problem with your adrenal glands or your pituitary glands. Ask your Dr. to do blood tests. Yes it is possible for your adrenal glands to malfunction.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.