Where's the best place I can learn English grammar and writing for free?

Favorite Answer

A decade ago to learn English, you had to attend costly English classes or purchase course material like tapes and books. Now you can learn English for free from the comfort of your home using the Internet. The BBC and the British Council offer a number of on line courses, which teach written and spoken English. You can also improve your English by watching television programs and reading English newspapers. For more information, visit http://tinyurl.com/qnzpt

• St N

But they don't teach grammar in America (or Canada either). If you are in an English speaking country then I suggest the local public school system. They usually have night classes for adults. If you live elsewhere, then you will have to get basic and advanced grammar texts and teach yourself. The writing skills will come with practice.

The best answer I give to all of my students learning English is to study in America. In your case, I would suggest to communciate to English people online, read English, and watch English T.V. If you have any more questions, I would love to teach you.

• JJ

Come to England. We let anyone in. If you can't afford to study here, we give you lots of money for accommodation and education. Everyone is welcome. No need to learn about British culture, etc., just do your own thing and complain when racist remarks are made against you. I look forward to your arrival.