Should I sue my landlord???

My hot water has been leaking in my tub for a week now. I have called her several times but she still hasn't sent anyone to fix it. The problem is that it is running up my electric bill because of my hot water tank always going. This has happened before and it blew up my hot water tank and doubled my electric... show more My hot water has been leaking in my tub for a week now. I have called her several times but she still hasn't sent anyone to fix it. The problem is that it is running up my electric bill because of my hot water tank always going. This has happened before and it blew up my hot water tank and doubled my electric bill and they should have paid it but they didn't. Even though it was their fault. Do I have the right to sue them for the electric bill or should I just make them fix it and leave it alone?
Update: They are really nice people so I don't want to be mean to them but I need to make it clear to them that I have a child to take care of and I need the hot water to feed her, bathe her, etc. Im already broke so I really can't afford a jacked up electric bill. Should they have to pay it?