what do i need to get so my computer can run faster?
- SFNDXLv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
You might need some Anti spyware adware programs and Antivirus to get your PC rid of malicious programs which will help make your PC run faster.
However, there are some simple tasks which, if you do with patience, will boost your PC speed:
1. Run Disk clean-up. Then delete unused files. (start>program>accessories>sys... tools> disk clean-up)
2. Check for disk errors. (right click on a disk-drive>properties>tools >error checking, then restart) (warning: It may take 2 hours)
3. Run disk defragmenter, no matter what it says.
4. Delete cookies. (you can do it from your browser options: tools>internet options)
5. Delete cache or temporary files. (you can do it from your browser options) or, click on 'start", 'run', type 'temp' then click ok. Whatever shows up, just delete.
6. Delete all history files and search history. (you can do it from your browser options, or, CTRL + H, then delete)
7. Empty recycle bin.
8. Delete unused icons & short-cuts from anywhere including desktop.
9. Uninstall any software or game that you use only once or twice in a week.
10. Delete temporary internet files. (you can do it from your browser options: tools>internet options)
11. Delete all recent files. (click on start, click run, then type "recent", delete all the files which show up)
12. Run a full virus scan. If any threat found, eliminate that completely.
13. Run a software which can remove any spyware or adware.
Like: Ad Aware, Windows defender etc.
* Updating: (Needed only when updates are available)
14. Update your Windows by installing latest updates.
15. Update your audio & video drivers.
16. Update softwares, browsers, games that you use.
Adding more RAM:
17. Have at least 1 GB (1024 mb) of RAM installed on your PC.
Use CCleaner to get rid of unnecessary junks:
More info from CNET: (Speed Up your Windows)
- 1 decade ago
definitely increase your RAM. research that if u need to. also, you can edit the unnecessary processes that run all the time to make your computer faster.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
update your Ram , i mean change to bigger , like 128 to 256 or 128 to 512
- wayfaroutthereLv 71 decade ago
Processor, memory, drive space. Without knowing what you have, that's all I can say.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
How can we tell you when we dont know what you have now?