Albuquerque International Sunport (Airport)?

I have never used this airport and have diverted my fligth from Denver to this airport to avoid the blizzard this weekend.

Has anyone used this airport? How is the weather for flying? Serious replies only please.

• Mike R
    Favorite Answer

It is a good airport, although I have never been to it in the middle of winter before so I don't know what kind of weather it gets. But it is a good airport... big enough to have stores and food available but not horrendously big like a huge hub airport (i.e., Denver).

They have over 300+ days of sun per year on average. Although they may be a bit snowy as there is a storm in the Denver area today.

Albuquerque is also a mile high city.

Source(s): Stationed there from 1983 to 1985 USAF
  • ?

I have not used this airport personally but here is a link that will give you some information about it, as well as the current weather there.

http://www.legfind.com/KABQ_airport_ALBUQUERQUE.as...

The airport is fine (I use it all the time). I just checked their website and things are moving fine. So far the weather is fine.