When we chose our mate in life do we base these decisions on our family structures and childhood?

Favorite Answer

I know I did, which was not healthy because I came from a dysfunctional family. First I married a prick that was just like my father. Now I am married to a man who is a wonderful father -- but he is not the right husband for me, I managed to find and marry the man that I wish had been my father. I didn't marry for love because I never really knew what that was. So, not to give you a sob sorry, make sure you know why you are chosing your life mate. And listen to any small voice that tells you if its right or wrong, because that voice is always right.

Good luck.

• Conrey

On movie stars mostly. My niece went thru college, graduate school, and now a PHD looking for Pearce Brozeman (sp?) We are all tall blondes in my family.

Everyone bases there "mates" on whatever they want to, some looks, some money issues.. work ethic, career.. Whatever it is everyones is different

Some do. But remember there is no logic.... in life atleast. If you like a person or a particular dress is there any logic? No.

I beleive so, we usually look for people that will fulfill our parental roles; ex. if our father was absent/alcoholic, we look for a man who drinks and try to save him to make it come out different

Yes!

I think yes, but I think we do this without thinking very much of this problem.

i think so

8B