How can I conquor my fear?

I like this guy and he found out I liked him and after a while he forgot all about it but now 3 months later he found out becuz one of my friends went and blabbed and he knows I like him. In the past I heard rumors he liked me. I am jsut really scared to go up to him and I dont want to make a fool of myself becuz i get scared when I talk to boys.

Favorite Answer

You can conquer your fear by facing it. So what if you get nervous or scared, everbody does. For all you know he wants to tell you he likes you too. Or you can wait until you're in your 60-70's and wonder what might have been. Humility last a short while, happiness can last a lifetime. Imagine if every guy who got turned down by a girl never asked anyone else out...it would be the end of mankind. If you're embarassed, who cares, take some crap from your friends for a month or two if he slams you, or be the envy of your friends for finding Mr. Perfect. If you constantly shy away you are destined for lonliness, eventually you will realize what is right for you.

Source(s): Trust me, if he liked you he didn't forget, the "blab" probably renewed interest. Also if he likes you, he won't care if you make a fool of yourself, probably think it's cute and might actually encourage him to pursue you through building his confidence, eventually he's gonna learn your personality anyways, why not from the start?

I'm going to assume your in high school, since you mentioned that your friends blabbed this info. Usually you find blabbers in all ages but it seems to be more common in high school.

As afraid as you are, guys are much more afraid. Men have a lot of pride and big egos. Rejection is one of their biggest fears. So a lot of times you won't find men going up to girls unless they know for sure they won't be rejectect or after a few drinks, which lowers their inhibitions, but don't try that, that's not a suggestion.

Don't rely on rumors that say that he liked you. Instead make it obvious to him that you like him. And be on talking terms with him. Like if you know his friends and you have friends that know him, come up as group whenever you guys see each other and mingle. And pretend as though you have no idea he might know that you like him, or that someone blabbed it to him. This is so to open the lines of conversations up.

When you talk to him, look him in the eyes and smile, especially when he's talking about himself. Men love women that listen and take interest in what they say.

Oh and also if you ever see him in a crowded setting, stare at him from the side. After a while he might be thinking that someones staring at him and then he'll turn to look to see who it is. When he turns to look, you look the other way. Do this at a couple of settings over time and he'll know for sure that you really like him. And then he'll muster up the courage to talk to you.

Don't rush anything. The chase is what really fuels guys. And you seem to pretty patient.

Also try to find his aim screenname and text him. I'm sure it'll be easier for you to talk to him online.

Good Luck. With Love and Prayers, Smitha

I understand how you feel. It is very scary especially at your age.. hey it is still scary at my age (40+). I would just make an excuse to approach him with small talk. It does not have to be about your feelings. Just something you guys have in common...like maybe school, class, etc. Good luck and keep us posted.

If he knows you like him then let him make the first move. If he does then you know he is interested in you, if he doesn't then he's not.

just talk 2 him, its easier than u think