Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTrivia · 1 decade ago

What is your claim to fame?

Do you know a movie star?

Did you have a famous ancestor?

Did you shake hands with the President?

Just what can you flount in front of the rest of us?

Ok, here's mine. My wife is a distant cousin of Queen Elizabeth. I used to work with Brad Pitt's grandmother. Country singer Eddie Arnold is a cousin of mine. And I used to buy my clothes from J. Eddy Peck when he worked at Topps & Trousers.

Favorite Answer

I have honestly met with most of the Royal family and also with all of the Beatles, Rolling Stones and so on. I have photographs sitting with people like Donald Trump and his then girl Marla, also some photos taken at the track with some of the Vanderbilts and Barry Manilow. I have met many important diplomats and even Prime ministers as well as VIP's and sports celebrities from all countries, but I in no way say it is a claim to fame, as it affected me in no way or form whatever. They were all just ordinary people with a better job than me...big deal I say.

I actually shook hands with two Presidents. Bill Clinton in 1992 and George W. Bush in 2004.

I met Bill Clinton because I was a convention aide at the 1992 Democratic National Convention in New York and it was amazing.

I met George W. Bush because my husband and I are on the board of directors for a veterans service organization, and we were invited with people from other veterans service organizations to a brunch at the White House on Veterans Day.

I also used to work as a front desk agent at a 5 star hotel in Washington, DC, so I have met a lot of celebrities (mostly very nice ones except Woody Harrelson who was a total jerk). The nicest of all was Robin Williams.

Over the years I have met many famous people as I've played in music groups since the 1960's and often shared venues with people who were famous or became so. In England I've met, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, P J Proby (drunk), The Drifters and Ben E King (the originals not the spin offs), Freda Payne, Gerry Marsden (of the Pacemakers), Solomon King (She Wears My Ring) , Jerry Lee Lewis (Wow), Alvin Stardust (as Shane Fenton), Fontella Bass, Eric Clapton, Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits, Boy George, Jeremy Beadle, Frank Carson, Mick Miller, Some of the cast of 'Emmerdale' and 'Coronation Street', Cannon and Ball, Little and Large, George Roper, Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch, Reg Presley, Dave Berry, Wayne Fontana, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Jordan (Ugh), the Walker Brothers, and many others whom I can't remember. However the highlight has got to be meeting the Beatles. John seemed genuinely confused as to what all the fuss was about. He said to me. 'We're just a band, that's all who play and sing good music.'. Paul was very kind, George was a true gentleman, very sincere and Ringo, well he was just Ringo.

1. In the 60's i was picked up by John V. Linsay in front of my Bedford Stuyvesant home and pictures were taken during his campaign for Mayor of New York City. 2. A woman with the same name as mine hurt her leg on a subway grate near our home, her name was on the evening news and everything, they showed pictures of the grate, street etc. That evening and for the next few days I received many calls from Insurance agents and lawyers.

My family is decendants of one of the famous Hugeunot's houses in New York.

That is the oldest street in America with it's original houses.

In 1994, I was the first person to ever buy liquor(other than beer and wine) legally on Sunday in Ohio, due to a new law passed.

my great uncle was in some movies. i think he was in one called hoodlum. aslo this is strange but:

a friend of the family is in a beetles cover band and knows someone who knows tom cruise and the person sugested to tom that they should hire his band for his wedding. im not sure if he did.

i slept with someone famous

im god in disguise