If my husband was cheating, would he give me an earring he found in the couch?

He said it must be my mom's, but it isn't. There are maybe a couple of people it could belong to, maybe....Just last night we had a discussion about cheating, with me feeling a little insecure. Does the fact he gave me the earring mean he is innocent?

Favorite Answer

Why do you think he is cheating?

• Nicki

I sure wouldn't if I was him and belonged to another woman that he has had on the couch, give it to you. That would be a dumb thing to do, if you found it than he might say it's must be his Mom's. Well, giving you the earring means he is innocent of cheating with whomever that earrings belongs to ask his Mom if that is her's. I think your making a little bit more out of this than you should, stop talking about cheating with him if it upsets you. If he is going to cheat talking about cheating isn't going to make a bit of difference either way.

Not necessarily, but maybe. If he was cheating, the earring may belong to his girlfriend (which I understand is what you are thinking). He may have said it's your mom's really thinking it was. In general, men don't pay attention to details such as earrings. However, it could have belonged to anyone who sat on your couch since you've owned it. Things stay hidden in couches forever. Did anyone own the couch before you? It could have belonged to anyone who ever sat on that couch. It COULD be from a girlfriend, but I would look for more solid evidence. It's just as likely that it came from any woman who has ever been in your house (friends, relatives, kids' friends, etc.)

Just explain to him that you don't know where (or who) the earring came from and give him an open floor for discussion. Don't approach the problem with insecurities or accusations- guys sense that sort of stuff. But if he was truely making out with some chick on your couch, I highly doubt he'd bring the earring to you. Relax & take a deep breath!! Don't play the what-if game- it could get ugly!!

Did you buy your sofa new or used? It could belong to a number of people, you said so yourself...but that doesn't mean he's not cheating nor does it mean that he is...giving it to you could be his way of being slick and throwing you off...you asked this question because you fear he is cheating 9 times out of 10 if you fear he is...He Is...make sure you have all the facts before you do anything drastic. Don't listen to hearsay and make sure you can trust all of your sources.

I had a boyfriend give me a pair of gloves I noticed in his truck that belonged to his ex-wife he was seeing again. He said he had found them and saved them for me. I ditched him two days later for lying about something else and I figured out the truth from talking to his sister.

If he brought the earring to your attention, then it might be an innocent find. If he found it in your presence and gave it to you,...I'd be suspicious too because that sounds like a cover up.

Pay attention to those gut feelings. I didn't and am still very sorry for it.

• 2007

I honestly do not think he would have handed you the earring... if he was cheating he would be feeling guilty and trying to hide any evidence of it so would not have shown you. Come on now, all of this just because of an earring? Are you a hermit that you never have people come over to your house?

No that does not mean he is innocent that just means that he really doesn't know who the earring belong to. Or you were in the room when he found it.

it doesn't mean he's innocent, but it doesn't mean he's cheating. i don't think you should use the earring as a reason to think so. the fact that he gave it to you means he thinks it belongs to you or someone acquainted to you who was just visiting. a cheating man probably would have asked the other woman if it was hers or just tossed it.

No, it does not make him innocent but an earring could be in the couch for months or years.

Not sure, but I sure wouldn't give my wife an earring if I knew that it could be from someone I was on the couch with. I'd get rid of the evidence instead. I doubt he's messing around.