why won't my camera connect to my computer?

I bought a camera and I connected everything correctly, but whenI plug the usb cord to the drive it says that the device connection was unable to connect or something. I don't know what is wrong?? Can anyone HELP ME PLLLLLLEEEAAASSSEE

Favorite Answer

Did you install the software that came with the camera? Usually with usb devices you need to install the software before the hardware.

Try going to control panel (if you did already install the software) and go to add/remove programs and uninstall the camera software.

Then restart the computer and reinstall the software.

If you haven't installed the camera software yet, do that and then follow the instructions for plugging the camera in (like if you have to restart your computer first)

There is a device driver which the computer needs. It is better to buy a small inexpensive card reader, (every computer has one so look for it in your computer first), then simply get out the memory card from the camera and look at your pictures that way..

if u install the hardware that come w/ the camera correctly probably what it isnt working its ur usb device..otherwise u shouldnt have any problem