What are your symptoms of chicken allergy?

If you are allergic to chicken or know someone who is, what kind of symptoms do you get and how quickly do they come on?

Favorite Answer

I am allergic to chicken and turkey. It takes 8-12 hours after eating it to make me sick. First I get stinking burps that smell like rotten eggs. Then I get diarrhea. I usually go every 15-20 minutes for several hours until there is nothing left to do. This occurs for three days after I eat chicken once. I get so weak from the diarrhea that I have to crawl from the bathroom to my bed. Sometimes it is easier just to lie on the floor. Once I also vomited with it. That time I was so sick the whites of my eyes turned yellow.

Like with any food allergies the symptoms can appear within 48 hours or sooner. Usually it might be a rash, vomiting, itching (red itchy spots) etc. But until you have tests done you can never be sure if its the chicken or maybe something else.

Every allergy can cause different symptoms, it depends on the person. You may break out in hives, face might swell, become violently ill. There is no set reaction to any allergy.

• Some are itchy skin and swollen eyes.