Obese people don't live long. Who was the oldest obese person?

I want to know if any obese person has lived a long or average long life.

• justa
    Favorite Answer

Healthy people live long. Some obese people live quite normal life spans, but you won't see them on TV because its not that abnormal. I remember one lady, well into her eighties telling me "Us short squat ladies live on forever". If, and contrary to popular opinon, you are obese and do not have high blood pressure or diabetes you may live a normal lifespan. And lets not forget that many skinny people die early too from cancer and heart disease, like the runner, Jim Fixx and Jackie Onassis, and, since skinnies do more risk taking things, and from accidents too, like Sonny Bono(skiing) and John Kennedy Jr. and his wife and sister-in-law(piloting a plane)and those three young fit men who died last week while mountain climbing. You are meant to live as long as you do and if you want to have the best chance of living a long life, choose parents with good genes. All else is just nonsense.

• Linda

The pattern for losing weight is simple - eat less food and workout more - the difficulties appear when we actually try to put that into operation! There are loads of opportunities to fail in the real world don't you think?! The sole method which really delivered for me was wu-yi tea, it can be viewed in the resource box underneath, they have a small number of free trials in stock, it has been highlighted in Fox News and CNN. I lost thrity pounds, it really does work!

• As a nurse I agree that obesity is definitely a contributor to poor health and can decrease life expectancy. That being said I know marathon runners who have dropped dead from a heart attack(two in my home town). They were supposedly in "peak" condition. You cannot "assume" that obesity is an automatic death sentence. It is not. Have fun running for your life, be careful that you don't "run" yourself to death.

• Johnny6 years agoReport

that wasn't the point of the question and you know it.

Fattest Person Ever

Orson Welles was not only great, but also big in size. He died at 70.

my great aunt was BIG and she lived to 80 something