Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 1 decade ago

Looking to by a used sport bike (Honda,Suzuki,Yamaha)(600-750) 2000-2003 range?

how much should i be looking to spend for a well taken care of bike?

First Bike.

• NY1Krr
    Favorite Answer

Really depends on what you are looking for but $4-5k sounds good. Check www.KBB.com. You can also try cycletrader.com for a ton of used bikes. Try to stick with a bike that is near stock. People tend to have problems when they buy heavily modified bikes becuase they're usually abused.

This may not be what you want to hear, so I'll try to be as polite with it as possible.

For a first bike, a 600 cc sport bike will be rather difficult. I can't take credit for this line, but the trouble with a 600 cc supersport is that it will immediately do exactly what you accidentally tell it to do. They are not very forgiving or predictable for an inexperienced rider.

So I would recommend starting with something with 50 hp or less, which would be one of the 250 or 500 cc sportbikes. Keep in mind that 50 hp on a featherweight sportbike will still have a power to weight ratio close to that of a Corvette, but it will be a bit easier to ride. You can get one of these in great condition for around $2,500 to $4,000 on the used bike market. I just paid $4,000 for a 2005 Suzuki GS500F with less than 1,400 miles on it.

Keep in mind that if you get bored with it in a year, you'll probably be able to sell it for close to what you paid for it. Remember that this is your first bike, not your last.

ive got a honda 600 hornet,paid just under £3k for it,immaculate, really good fun bike.

used 4500 to 7000

$4 to $5k :)