promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
K asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

What's the best place for a wedding in Ocean Shores, WA?

I'd like to get married on the beach :)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

right on the beach. Just make sure you spend the most of your money on a photographer. The pictures will last a life time.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Cngratulations ! It sounds like fun ! I'd suggest have the wedding itself on the beach, but any reception in a shelter nearby -- even if that's a rented canopy tent. Ocean Shores is beautiful, but even on a summer day it can be damp &/or cool. Some things to plan around: check the tide charts ! if you need plenty of room, or firm sand (as for wheelchairs or chairs), schedule your ceremony for near the bottom of low tide; wet sand is firmer. Plan food that can tolerate the weather. You might want to borrow some sheets of plywood, or rubber matting, etc, from a contractor, for people to walk on -- unless they'll be barefoot? give some friends the jobs of shooing seagulls away from the food, politely directing other beachgoers away from your ceremony, and possibly raking the seaweed aside from the ceremony area. And for people to be able to hear everything, you might need a small portable PA system, or consider seating "in the round".

try to plan for things that are environmentaly friendly -- like, give people ice-creamcones with rice in them, to toss on you as you leave, rather than using a paper cup. The salt air makes people thirsty, so provide plenty of non-alcoholic beverages. Some skin lotion may be a welcome idea, too.

I'd talk to a local business (florist, caterer, etc) & see what they can suggest for locations. They will have experience in that. Also, you might have to get an okay from a local park official, depending on what things you're planning . for example, if you want a bonfire, you might have to get a permit.)

have fun !!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.