Can anyone Confirm JK Rowling said the name of Harry potter 7 is Death Hollow?

Recently on the news my friend said that JK Rowling released the name of the last book. Is this true?

Favorite Answer

The title of book seven will be "Harry potter and the Deathly Hallows"... not Death Hollow.

Look for it on mugglenet.com or jkrowling.com

(but on her site you have to be pretty tricky to get into the secret room where the name is revealed in a game of hangman.)

She announced it on December 21st... just in time for the solstice.

It is "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Yes Jo did release the title.

I am very excited! I looked up Hallow in the online Webster dictionary. It means to make holy devoted or venerate. It's opposite is to desecrate.

When I ran the Microsoft Thesaurus is gave me consecrate or make holy.

Sounds like maybe it is referring to deatheaters or dementors. Possibly Jo is referring to the death eaters as a deadly cult.

It could also be referring to the Horcruxes. I think it makes sense that anything that hold a part of a soul (even ol' Voldy's) could be considered sacred. The fact that the Horcruxes could only be made by killing someone could be the reason for the "Deathly." We also know from HBP that destroying a Horcrux can be dangerous (remember Dumbledore's hand).

Also, James and Lily made their home in Godric’s Hollow, which is quite close to hallow. It would be poetic justice if Voldy died where he killed Harry’s parents.

for book 7 theories and info on the books and movies visit my personal HP site

http://rpccstudent.tripod.com/

• Linda

Happy Birthday Harry! And JK Rowling! BQ: Harry Potter, the character? Or Harry Potter the books? Either way, they're both amazing. :)

It is so very true! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The name was released last week, I received an email from Borders. You can look it up on Yahoo! It is also on www.jkrowling.com as well as www.mugglenet.com. I'm sure there are other websites with this information, but those two are my favorite sources.

• oana

Deathly Hollows

Correction. That would be, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".

Yep, it was on the news. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"

Yes it is. "Harry Potter And The Deathly Hollows" Is the new name. && I can't wait for it.

Yes...it's going to be "HP and the Deathly Hallows"

yup, you can find it on her site.