Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

why do men and women play so many games with one another instead of speaking their thoughts?

Favorite Answer

too few know how to communicate well and many spend too much time on the internet

• Sometimes it may be self preservation and not wanting to look like a fool. If one person thinks the other person loves them but is uncertain sometimes it can lead to funny feelilngs and strange head game actions though it may not really be the intention. Who likes to feel like a fool. Who likes to make a mistake and state something first.

I know it really would make like a whole lot easier if both people would be open and direct about the way their feelings are but emotions play funny little games within individuals.

Better to come out and say, What do you feel about the place we are now. Do you feel comfortable with me as I do with you.

Instead of letting the other person make the first move allowing

oneself to be as direct but kind as possible. Now that has got me thinking on how I can be with the current issues I am facing.

thanks for waking me up. way to go.

It's just the ancient art of the chase. It would be much easier if it was all 'up front' but it's just not like that. The article linked below is short and very unusual, and deals with men's attitudes and motivations. Maybe that will shed some light, too. Happy New Year!

yeah, it's a fun game isn't it??

it's because if we are trying to get something from another person we often base what we say or do on what we think they're reaction will be.. it's a sad wheel of events..but think about it.. if you are dating someone you know who can't stand a certain characteristic that you have you are going to try your hardest to not display it..however, what you dont' realize is that it will backfire in your face..

i tend to be pretty honest and upfront..but there is also a big part of me who is afraid of crossing over a line. i don't lie about who i am or whatnot..but i'm not going to run and say in a casual relationship that i have feelings for you too soon, b/c i'm really not into running them off..

Because people watch too much tv and movies and think we have to behave a certain way in a relationship or it's not a good relationship.

People think you have to hint at things and play games to make your partner prove themselves. They think their partner should know them well enough so they don't HAVE to be direct.

It's all really quite ridiculous. After my last marriage I learned to be straight forward and tell my partner exactly what I want and what is bothering me.

It makes things so much easier and your relationship grows so much quicker that way.

-Holly

http://www.iconfessional.com

• dsd

Because whether we want to admit it or not playing games hold a certain thrill for us. Besides its a defence mechanism as well, a lot of us don't want to give in that easily and regret it later.

because some people just like the thrill...they don't actually want something with someone sometimes they just want to do it and get out or be friends after...or it's all about the chase and seeing what how far you can go with someone...or to make yourself feel better you will hurt someone elses feelings in order for you to think more of yourself...i've seen that some guys sleep with girls just because they want to be able to say that they sleeped with that person...

AS THE SERPENT HELPED EVE TO START GAME PLAYING ON ADAM IN THE BEGINNING, SO SHALL GAME PLAYING BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN CONTINUE.WORLD WITHOUT END AMEN.

True....they do this a lot. Think it has to do with the fact that we cannot commit easily. But it's also about the fact that many people are shallow minded.

• Well I don't and my boyfriend doesn't... I guess It's normal, but once you reach certain level of maturity in the realtionship and personal maturity, you stop doing thinks like that...