Forcing your significant other . If you love sports and your partner really has NO interest at all in sports?

Would you ask them to watch it with you on occassion knowing how bored they are, with the reasoning of doing this being, "Since I love sports so much, I want to share this important aspect with my signifciant other"?

Ladies AND Gentlemen... please respond!

Favorite Answer

I think there might be a big difference here if you're actually participating in sports or just watching other people participating in sports.

If you're out on the field or the ice or whatever, she'd probably love to watch you compete. That'd be exciting.

If you're watching other people play sports on TV...well, what's the appeal? She probably couldn't care less, and who could blame her?

If watching other people do what they love is what you love, you'd best be served finding a girl who's an avid sports fan. If she's not into it, odds are she won't change.

It only makes sense to share something people actually want, doesn't it?

Being a sports fan...football, baseball & NASCAR, trying to get my wife of 30 years to sit down and watch a game with me is impossible. Sunday is her day to hit the malls, get her nails done, etc. She is not interested in just sitting down & watching a game, munching on snacks and enjoying a cold beer.

Now, if you want her to be watch it with you, try this: make it an event...invite some other couples over and the wives just might make it through the first quarter of the game before they go off into another room to talk about how much sports their idiot husbands have to watch. Or, take her to a game or race...make sure you tailgate if possible. My wife will GO to a game or race, but she just won't sit down & watch one on TV,

• Lilith

Well, you can either get 2 T.V.'s to avoid conflict alltogether or trade out. She/He watches a sporting event with you, You watch a sweater making show with him/her. This may seem mean and cruel but to get my point of view across I told my husband I would be willing to go to sporting events with him if he would go to the opera with me. 1 basketball game per 1 opera. After attending (the first one) Le Nozze De Figaro with me, he never ever asked me to go / watch a game again. We bought another T.V. after that. We found what we both like watching/doing together and have let that be our common ground.

Hey it doesn't hurt to ask. And if your significant other loves you the way I've loved mine, they'll do it. I've gone fishing, hunting, etc...none of which I have any interest in but because I loved seeing my man happy and enjoyed spending the time with him. Fortunately I love sports so that issue has never come up.

I wouldn't force them but ask them if they would like to watch it on occasion. Or they could sit next to you while you watch and read a book, magazine or work on some other small project. That way you have them there by you but they are also occupied with something they love.

Thank anything that my guy doesn't like sports. My ex did and it was pure torturous hell for me. He even put up 3 tv's so he could watch everything even golf. If she hates it...send her shopping instead that is more considerate. Never FORCE anything.