Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Has anyone seen the movie "Wickerman" with Nick Cage?

I saw the DVD last nite and it was great, but I was wondering how the moive ended in the theaters, becasue on the DVD it has an alternate shocking ending, can anyone help?

Favorite Answer

Well, I don't know if this helps or not.

When I took the DVD back to the video store, I mentioned the fact that I had wanted to see the theatrical version, not the "shocking alternate ending", and I was informed that the theatre version is on the flip side of the disc. Unfortunately, the DVD was due that day, and people were standing around waiting for it to be returned, so instead of keeping it and paying penalties for it, I simply returned it. I plan on renting it again in the near future so I can find out what exactly it is that people saw if they saw it on the big screen.

May I just mention that you really ought to watch the original with Christoper Lee if you are able to find it? It has an entirely creepy vibe that is missing from the remake. It is so weird at times you don't know if you should keep watching or turn it off. The new one is interesting, but completely lacking in the creepy atmosphere of the original. If you are able, you should watch it, as well.

Good luck in either seeing for yourself or finding out from someone else how the new one ends.

Don't know about the Nicholas Cage version, but in the original done back in the early 70's maybe late 60's. The main character was burned inside the wickerman.

SPOILER ALERT

The movie shown in Europe ended with the death of the Cage character in the Wickerman wooden statue. Than an epilogue where his wife and the Leeloo character are in a bar getting two drunk guys flirt with them and so it all starts again. This last scene is not a really good ending, but that was it!

I saw the dvd and they play the original ending.To get to the

alternate ending you have to go to special features!

nick cage got burned to death in the head of the wicker man.

in my opinion, it was the feel good comedy of the season. on one hand ive always wanted to see nick cage burned to death. but i never wanted to pay 9 dollars to see it.