promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My laptop won't come up,?

It was working fine then i closed the top n left it on over night. i woke up in the middle of the night n it was turning off n on. i then just turned it off n went to bed. in the morning i turned it back on and it starts to load windows and then reboots all by itself (turns off n on). sometimes it will load all the way and sometimes it will just begin to load before rebooting. wats up with it??

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i saw the same pattern happen if your HDD is crashing. try to run chkdsk /f by booting into(use F8) command prompt.this will resolve most errors.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

First thing I would try is unplugging the battery and unplugging the power from the wall. Then reinsert the battery and replug it in and see if it goes on.

If not you may want to see if it will go into safe mode (when it first starts up, press the F8 key on the keyboard on the top row and go to safe mode).

If it goes into safe mode, see if you can do a system restore back to a day or two ago in case a driver that needs to install got goofed up.

also, while in safe mode, look at your msconfig startup file (the last tab on the right). Go ahead and do disable all, windows will load what it needs to run when you restart it. There may be something in that start up that it is looking for that is hosing it and keeping it from starting.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.