Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

what matters more the look or the personality?

Favorite Answer

Both. People brag about how [personality is the only thing, the "inside", but both of them matter. A guy Can see a acne covered,over weight woman beautiful. That's why there is no definition of beautiful, everyone sees beautiful in their own way. Some see it has blond,tan,selfish,rude,and tall, other short,stubby,bitchy,redhead, or maybe a skinny,brunette, respectful and kind, etc. etc. A persons beauty on the outside[looks] is what motivates us to talk to the person, to ask her/him out, but its the personality[inside] that makes them stay there, marry them, and continue their relationship.

• shmux

Personality.

Personality.

It's a Catch-22. I have known very attractive people who turned out to be boring and petty or just not the nicest people and they were suddenly a lot less attractive and appealing. And some of the plainer people who have wonderful personalities, you can start to see them differently or you find something about them which attracts you to them because you now take the time to look and consider them. It's like a little kid who could have a mother who isn't very pretty, but thinks that their mother is the most beautiful woman in the world. Love is transforming.

Looks can be deceiving and someone you may call the the "hottest" most beautiful girl in this world, based on looks, does not mean the relationship is going to be the greatest (unless your counting on sex).

In my opinion, both is great but what is more important? Personality, I believe, is the key in a happy, true relationship. This gives each side the chance to understand each other. Without this "understanding", don't think it is going to turn out to be a good and healthy relationship.

Both matter but I think in the long run personality is more valuable. Think about growing old with a life partner. Sooner or later the physical beauty will fade.

Beauty truly is only skin deep. One car accident, one house fire, one disease, age can rob it from you.

However, I think most romantic relationships require some degree of physical attraction.

I think they both matter but honestly I am very attracted to a guy with a great personality, and it is 100% better if they are funny.

Assuming a woman had one or the other and not both, I would go with looks. I'd rather go to bed each night with a woman I'm attracted to than an ugly one that has a good personality. I'd rather be by myself than spend every day with someone that I'm not attracted to. May sound shallow...but hey, you asked.

Looks initally but personality in the long run. After I had my fair share of mistakes, personality is def the key to a person.

• I was attracted to who is now my girlfriend before I met her. I was told about her and what she does. A little while later we actually met and as it turns out, she's beautiful. But even if she wasn't, I'd still be attracted to who she is. Looks only go so far.