Why is it that people complain about Hallle Berry's expanded role as Storm?

She is my FAVORITE character in the X-men movies and cartoons, but why are people complaining about her bigger role. She had only had like 2 lines in the last two movies. But the rest of the characters had like 500000 lines through out the whole movie?????

Favorite Answer

I like her playing storm!

• True XMEN fans complain because she wasn't the best actress for the job. It seems as though the casting agent felt that any black woman with a white wig could play the part - not so.

Halle's performance lacked in several technical aspects: she didnt' have an accent nor did she have blue eyes. And the wigs - no comment.

Halle did her best, and the character got better with each movie, but I agree with the others who said Angela Bassett would have been a better choice. Check her out in "Strange Days" and you'll see why.

Hope this helps...

I agree with gigglebox, Halle does not come across well in the as the Storm character, now Angela Bassett, she would have kicked *** as Storm. She has a strong screen presence unlike Halle.

Her character in the first two movies was very poorly developed. It looked like she was only there because the character was in the comic books/cartoons...she was more of a window dressing as she didn't get to do hardly anything..

Because Halle Berry is such a bad actress that I wouldn't hire her to play herself in The Life Story of Halle Berry. I wouldn't hire her for anyone else in that picture, either.

Dude. Here's some reality. NO body. And I mean NO body, so much as THINKS about Halle Berry. Ask her.

because to me she is not STORM. i think they could of gotten someone better. i mena she did okay. but i think angela bassett woudl of done great in that part.

Americans are masoginistic racists. To see someone who is both female and black goes against all the innermost beliefs.

whos complaining not me

wrong actress for the role. period.