promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

Queen, have u heard of them??

do u like them?? what are ur thoughts??

Update:

lol if i didn't know their music i wouldn't have asked. i have 2 of their CDs and a concert DVD. i know most of their songs

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Queen is one of the most popular rock bands from the 80's. They're best known today for their hit "Bohemian Rhapsody", and having a gay lead singer. Other hit songs by them include:

-"We Will Rock You"

-"We Are the Champions"

-"Crazy Little Thing Called Love"

Bandmates:

-Freddie Mercury(died of AIDS)

-John Deacon(retired)

-Brian May

-Roger Taylor

Fun Facts:

-Originated in London, England

-Most recognized album: "A Night at the Opera"

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Queen are an English rock band formed by Brian May, Freddie Mercury, and Roger Taylor in London, England in 1970 from the remains of Smile, with John Deacon completing the lineup the following year. Britain's most successful band of the past three decades,[1] the band became popular during the mid-to-late 1970s and still retain an extremely large international fan base. Although initially dismissed by the majority of music critics, especially those in the United States, Queen have more recently been recognized as having made significant contributions to such genres as arena rock,[2] glam rock[2], hard rock[3], heavy metal[2], pop rock, and progressive rock[2], amongst others.

In the Music Of The Millennium poll conducted by Channel 4 in 1999, Queen were voted the second greatest band in music history.[4] In 2001, the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio and in 2003 Queen became the first and remain the only band to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. In 2004, the band was inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame and in 2006 Queen was the first inductee into the VH1 Rock Honors. Queen have also been inducted into the Rock Walk of Fame (at Guitar Center on Hollywood's Sunset Boulevard) and the Hollywood Walk of Fame. And though Queen never won a Grammy Award, the band's influential 1975 single "Bohemian Rhapsody" was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2004. Moreover, the band has been cited as a major influence by many other artists and performers.

Queen have released a total of eighteen #1 albums, eighteen #1 singles, and eight #1 DVDs worldwide, making them one of the world's best-selling music artists.

I think they are ok.

• 1 decade ago

Perhaps one of the best bands to come around? I love Queen. But, of course, I'm into the older music, anyway. They have some great music.

• 1 decade ago

Of course... they are responsible for two movie soundtracks I love (Flash Gordon and Highlander).

And as was said above... there is this song called "We Will Rock You", "Under Pressure", and the list of hits goes on and on. Child of the 70s and growing up in the 80s, gotta love 'em.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Queen is one of the ultimate bands of all time! Who hasn't heard of them?

• 1 decade ago

QUEEN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

I like the songs "We Will Rock You", "We are the Champions" and "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy".

You?

• Elayne
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

"Now I'm Here" is my favorite queen song.

Freddie Mercury was the epitome of sexiness.

Brian May plays some awesome guitar.

• 1 decade ago

yes I've heard of them they have a lot of good songs-kinda sad how Freddie Mercury died though

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Who hasn't heard of them

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

do you Know a song named we will rock you ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.