IS- Intelligence specialist Navy?

What EXACTLY do they do, other than what the navy website says?

Favorite Answer

Basically all an IS does is provide intel to whatever ship, squadron or command they are assigned. This includes looking over recon photos and intel from various other sources and compiling this into briefs.

I was also a navy Nuclear Electrician's mate. I agree that the recruiter's ar biased and will tell you what you want to here. Don't believe anything you do not get in writing. (even that can be changed, I was guaranteed free health care at the VA when I got out in 93, but that changed under Clinton and I now have to pay to use the VA.)

The best thing to do is to speak with someone who is active duty and an IS, they should be able to give you a more realistic idea of what they really do.

Your mom will in all risk now no longer be a controversy in protecting with what usa she is from. IS is particularly overmanned on the 2d. E-4 would be exceeded to you on a silver platter, yet making E-5 is next to impossible with all of the bypass raters that have PNA factors, awards, and must be extra beneficial probable to get an EP. MA is an particularly boring interest. I particularly have some pals that joined as an MA and hate it.

Well thats what they do lol....go to the about.com websites they give decent info on navy jobs

They snoop around in other people's business, and hopefully don't get killed in the process of doing so.