promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do I loose my grace?

When you consolidate your student loans while in college, do you have to begin repaying the loan before graduation, right after or do you still have that 6 month grace period after graduation?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

depends on the financial institute that you consolidated with, call them and ask, and if they don't you can request a deferrment until you are working, although with deferrments you must renew every 6mos and they are only good for the first 2 yrs.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if you consolidated while inschool it means you had to have done an immediate repayment. thus giving up the grace. some consolidating companies may offer you a like 6 month forberance, some might not. i'd call and ask them. you can depending on the loan type always get something to either defer or forberance it.

• 1 decade ago

if you consolidate you lose the 6 mos grace period. in order to consolidate while you're in school you have to wave it and bring them into repayment status then when its been consolidated then you have to apply for an in school deferment.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.