? asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 1 decade ago

Does anyone have a Toyota Prius? If so, how do you like it?

Don't know too much about the new hybrids and was thinking about getting one. What's your gas mileage? Is it worth it to get one? Thanks in advance for any good info.

Favorite Answer

I have a 2004 Prius (so owned it for 2 years now) with all the options (package 9 I think).

I live on a slightly hilly area so the gas mileage is not so good. I have a city road commute (rarely use highway) and I get 45 mpg in the summer and 40 mpg in the winter. I understand the difference is due to winter vs summer gas blends in the Northwest.

I like the car much (even though the gas mileage is not so great as my expectations). It is loaded with technology - bluetooth, navigation, all-electronic display etc.

It is a small car but the interior looks and feels very large. I have two kids car seats and I also often carry my skis. The trunk is very spacious also.

Source(s): Have a 2004 Prius, bought new.
  • 112

I had a Prius but didn't like the performance. Sure it saves lots on gas money but if you go with a Hybrid, get a Honda Civic Hybrid. Its performance is a lot better and the car is cheaper but has more options. Also the re-sale value of the Honda Is better than a Toyota. I just traded in my 2006 Prius for a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid and I love it!. They sold me the car for invoice at Riverside Honda.

www.riversidemetro.com (951)509-2121

pending on what model you are talking about the early series was ok but not that fasr the later model ie 2002 on no prob in aust i find crusing on the freeway no prob as for fuel great no prob with the main battery all coverd by warrenty i have been told approx price to replace in aussie dollars $2500.00 but it should last 15000.00 km no prob cheap running when you look at fuel saved

It's great but not perfomance

If you're 6' or taller, I wouldn't reccomend it.

Get the Camry Hybrid. its has better perfomance

Source(s): Toyota

I have. It is perfect and you save lots of money . But the only issue is the speed.