Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

35 weeks pregnant with flu like feelings. HELP!!?

I am 35 weeks pregnant and for the past 24 hours I have not been able to keep any food or fluids down without getting sick and throwing up. My back is real sore as well and I have been having lower abdominal pain along with Braxton Hicks contractions. I am assuming that its the flu and I have already called my nurse about it, who should be calling me back shortly. did any experiance this around 35-40 weeks. What did your doctor say it was?

• Favorite Answer

My daughter just had a baby 10 weeks ago, she was feeking the same way . You just have the baby sickness , it can last a long time ( sorry) My daughter was sick the whole 9 months . Make sure to go see your doctor , you will end up in the hospital if you cannot keep anything down , good luck friend !!

I was between 25-29 weeks when I got the flu. I called the doctor and said I thought it was the plague. The nurse said that any Tylenol products were ok to take, even the Tylenol Flu stuff. Unfortunately, that's all you can do. If you run a high fever (I think over 103), then you'll need medical care.

Feel better!

Go to the doctor you might be in labor because of the fact that you could have caught the flu. It can cause you to dialate and give birth early. Better safe then sorry if it is nothing then they will send you home and make you stay on bed rest just to be safe. The throwing up isn't good becuase then the baby isn't getting what they need and their nuetriants and growth is halted.

Well -- when I went into labor at 34 weeks, I had some cramping and then a headache for several days. I'd suggest going to the hospital if you can to see if you're in active labor. I was sorry I didn't find out sooner because maybe labor could have been stopped if I'd gone in earlier. Hope all is well and try to keep that kid in there for at least a couple more weeks.

Christie

Well, you probably have the flu and it's not related to the pregnancy. The Brax. Hicks are probably happening because of irritation by you throwing up a lot. Try little sips of water occasionally (or even just swish around in your mouth and spit out) until this passes.

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and just got over the flu. I was throwing up every 15 minutes for over 4 hours! My midwife told me to go the ER. They said I was severly dehydrated, gave me 2 bags of Saline water, and gave me Phenergan to knock me out so I'd stop throwing up. It just made me sleep through it. That's the only way I got over it though.

• Keetta

Well sometime during those weeks I had a fever, vomiting and diarrhea...but it was a stomach virus. It could be a number of things.

if you are throwing up they may give you a suppository to stop the nausea , thowing up can cause contractions. please stay hydrated if possible.