Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Environment · 1 decade ago

If all the earth's electricity, power, and transportation systems failed, how would you survive ?

No electricity, no transporation, no power.

Favorite Answer

A solar and/or wind generator on site would give you enough power to run lights, pump water, and charge the batteries on your electric vehicle. This technology is available right now. We are installing our solar panels soon. See the source below. Grow your own food - gardens, orchards, etc. Keep bees and a milk cow or goat. Grow wheat, oats and corn. Learn blacksmithing to make tools. Barter with neighbors to trade for any of the above you can't produce yourself. Email me and I'll send you a comprehensive seasonal guide to preparing for peak oil and/or economic collapse. bullshoalsblues@yahoo.com

Source(s): www.jointhesolution.com/jkdasa

Hmm.

Considering that what you're proposing (I assume you mean they all instantly, simultaneously failed tomorrow) is an apocalypse scenario and would immediately turn to mass hysteria and permanent anarchy, cannibalism seems like a likely option.

If you're not killed in riots the first day, escape and spend the first two weeks in the mountains eating looted food- give the ones with the guns time to use up their bullets on each other- and then start coming down to hunt 'long pig' in nearby gated communities and soundwalled housefarms.

You'd probably want to kill far more than you or your tribe could eat, though, smoke and dry the meat and stockpile it for later- since after a couple of months there will be plenty more dead bodies around, but they will all be starved and disease-ridden.

The food in the stores will be gone very quickly, and it will be at over a year before you can harvest any crops in some kind of emergency garden you've created, and there will be lots of dying people and people trying to kill you before then.

So- eat or be eaten.

Being that I have been through hurricanes that have knocked out power, my family and I have survived by going back to tried and true methods for cooking, water (cleaning and heating), and other ways that were used in the days of colonial America. As for transportation systems, there are methods of transport that do not require gasoline (go by foot, on bicycle, horseback, etc.) Survival is part situation and part mental toughness and will.

Source(s): Experience

Ride out on my horse, eat my own cattle, goats, sheep , deer, fish etc. on my land...Eat vegetables out of my own garden...

Windmills keep my ponds full of water...

Some of my power is already solar so I would have lights and

enough to run my fridge & freezers..

Start cooking on my wood fireplace/stove...

Shoot trespassers with my guns....

I could do this starting today without further preparation..

• izaboe

my house is self sustaining for power and water and heat. i know how to grow my own food and raise my own animals for meat and eggs. i think i'd do alright so long as no one bothers me

The way men did when these things did not exist-- after all, why do we learn history??

I reckon I wouldn't! Not for long, anyway.