I am trying to break up with a boyfriend of 1 and a half years what is the best way?

This guy has helped me out finacially a lot, without me ever asking. Now he is in $$$ trouble his self. He is not a bad person just not for me. I have been trying to break things off with him for a while. I have tried all the nice ways and he still does not get the point. I do not want to be mean, he does not deserve it but is there any other way to get him to let go?

I paid back money to him and it was not about the money.

Favorite Answer

Just be honest with him, tell him how you feel and that you don't see it working out. Better to be honest and straight forward then to let it go on longer. Heis going to be hurt but it is not your fault and you can't let him manipulate you into staying with him. Just tell him and then move on. If you stick around it will make it harder for both of you. You have to cut of communication, for now at least, until you have both moved on.

something doesn't sound right here. He has helped me out alot financially..............without me ever asking/sounds ungrateful.

Well, I never ask for help from him.

Now he needs help....and I am not willing to do the same thing...so what is the best way to dump him??? That's called cutting to the chase.....I can tell how sweet and sensitive you are and don't want to hurt him or be mean. Honestly, just dump him and move on to your next pot of gold.

Set up a serious time to talk, say to him we have something very important to talk about and just tell him how u feel and stick to it if u tell him u don't want to be with him but u r still talking to him and be with him u r not serious about ending the relationship

perhaps u should pay him back his money, cuz u know he's in financial problems right now.

then say, i don't want to be a burden to you; let's part ways and stay friends. it's just not working out for us, and i don't see a future together. i really wish u the best, and hope that u are not angry.. u are a wonderful person, but we're just not right for eachother.

Cheat on him and let him find out. Works every time! It's like pulling off a band-aid fast, sure it hurts like hell at first, but you get over it faster and it's the easiest way in the long run.

thats hard. just tell him flat out "I want to break up" if he hasnt gotten the hint, just end it now. tell him why ur ending it and be honest. dont do the "its not u its me" thing that will make it messy good luck!

SEM

Just tell him that your feelings for him have changed and in order to be honest with yourself, you need to break-up.

so u liked him when he helped u out with money and now hes poor u want rid?

you have to let him know how serious you are. sit him down and have a talk with him. say, i don't want to be in this relationship anymore..express where you are coming from.

Cya bye