promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know how to slim down my thighs?

my thighs fat everything else skinny!!! Id perfer excersises i could do at home please

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Unfortunately you can't "spot reduce", meaning reduce fat in specific areas of the body. The only way to shed unwanted fat is to undergo a full cardiovascular routine. The fat will come off if you work hard at it. If you are worried about burning mass of areas where you don't want to, add weight training to your routine so you can build muscle. The idea that a girl lifting weights is going to look like a man is a myth. Besides, add lean body mass (muscle) to your body will help you burn fat even when you sleep.

Cardiovascular exercise is also called aerobic exercise. Aerobic literally means "with oxygen", and refers to the use of oxygen in muscles' energy-generating process. Aerobic exercise includes any type of exercise, typically those performed at moderate levels of intensity for extended periods of time, that maintains an increased heart rate. In such exercise, oxygen is used to "burn" fats and glucose in order to produce adenosine triphosphate, the basic energy carrier for all cells.

There are various types of aerobic exercise. In general, aerobic exercise is one performed at a moderately high level of intensity over a long period of time. For example, running a long distance at a moderate pace is an aerobic exercise, but sprinting is not. Playing singles tennis, with near-continuous motion, is generally considered aerobic activity, while golf or doubles tennis, with their more frequent breaks, may not be.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

i have the same problem but i found using the weights made for thighs helps slim them down or tone them more

• 1 decade ago

Build some leg muscles...they are the largest in the body and burn the most calories...if your body stores fat there though...they may never be perfect...SO WHAT?

• 1 decade ago

jumping rope, running, squats, any excersise that uses the legs. Hope this helps! :]

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ivar
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You MUST eat less. Skipping rope burns a lot of calories.

• 1 decade ago

try squats, lounges and walking along with a good diet plan because it will work with the area you are working out.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I know one way but I can't say !

• 1 decade ago

try riding the bike!

you should be happy that you have thighs like what what what junk in duh trunk like what what! shake it like a salt shaker!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.