Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

What is going on here?

I am a Yahoo answer user for a while. But it is getting frustrating more and more. What irritates me that on good questions (no joke questions) I see so many stupid answers. Especialy under Religion and Middle East. What is happening in Yahoo Answers? Is Yahoo Answers just a playground for frustrated useres? Do people not follow some kind of etiquette cause it is anonymous?

What's about having respect for each other, the one who ask a question and the one who answers it?

Sorry for my spelling, english is not my mother language.

• kj
    Favorite Answer

People who are rude and stupid on YA are most likely rude and stupid in everything they do. Ignore them, they don't deserve your attention.

You did fine in your spelling and grammar. In fact you did a lot better than some who claim English as their mother language.

I agree with Let The Rain Come Down. If you're going to be like that get a myspace. Don't come and ruin this for others. Some people want serious advice and it isn't right for you to be rude and smart about your answers. Some people really do need help and opinions when they ask these questions. They don't want rude remarks about how to find something or how lame the question is or something. If you're going to be like that don't bother using yahoo answers.

And KJ is right your English is fine. Some people who do have English as their mother language do pretty bad.

Great Question,

~Azorian Chick~

unfortunately there are some who are just looking for the 2points they get for answering a question. Here are some tips: 1) if some one has answered a question with a stupid answer and it's not offensive (sexual content, curse words, ect) I just give it a thumbs down rating. If it gets enough bad ratings Answers will no longer show that answer. 2) If the answer is offensive I report the user to Answers. It brings the user to Yahoo attention and they review his/her answer and if it is deemed "abuse" the answer is removed. I'm not sure how many reports it takes to have some one removed, but I'm sure it happens. I hope this helps!

• GrnApl

We can't control the behavior of others. Just ignore them when possible or give them the thumbs down. That's about all you can do. Just continue answering sincerely and forget about the rest. It is up to the asker anyway to select the best answer. Sometimes they like the flippant answers because it is right in line with their own thinking. Whose to say?

As for you English, you did just great articulating your vexation.

Sorry, but since the Yahoo! Bulletin Boards closed, all the "trolls" have migrated to a new place to spread anger, frustration and poor manners. It's terrible how good things are always destroyed by the thoughtless.

I definitely agree with that statement. People like to abuse what could actually help them and dont care if they help others in the first place. In my opinion, if you want to make comments and think about only yourself get a myspace and get out of yahoo answers.

I agree totally, why can't ppl just be nice to eachother instead of giving nasty answers all the time?

Just keep giving your answers & ignore the ones who are trying hard to ruin it for us all.

• AnnieD

Just keep giving your sincere answers and ignore the party poopers!

ignore them

We are not uptight- a little joke every now and again wont kill you.