Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Should I Do the Oxygen Step With My Seamonkeys?

There is a step on the seamonkey instructions to make sure they have oxygen. Should I do this? The instructions say to dump the whole tank into another container. Then Pour them back. However, mine is seamonkeys on mars. It has little Oxygen wholes at the top. The Problem is water leaks out the wholes and gets all over and I lost 1 seamonkey and dont wanna loose anymore. They are stil little baby sea monkeys. Has anybody's seamonkeys died from not doing this? THANKS!

Favorite Answer

Yes, those shrimp need oxygen live. You could install an oxygen bubbler (like you see in fish tanks) or use a straw. :)

The seamonkeys will get sick and start dying if you do not give them oxygen. Dump them into another container being careful not to spill any. Also, be careful not to feed them too much because that will also kill them. Maybe try getting a mixing bowl that has a pour spout and use that to give them oxygen. It will be bigger so that the water coming out of the holes will still go into the bowl and not all over and you won't lose anymore. The pour spout will let you pour the water back into the tank without spilling any water.

Source(s): Experience with my son's seamonkeys.

The whole idea behind the dumping back and forth is to pick up oxygen. It is necessary to add oxygen because standing water will get stagnent. Try carefully but vigorously stirring the water if you don't want to dump it or just add small amounts of new water every few days - that should take care of it.

• Hiya I used to have sea monkeys, your best bet, is to put a straw into the water, take a deep breath and BLOW into it. If you just breathe out into it without taking a large breath first, then you will just be pumping in more carbon dioxide than water! Good luck, hope they are all ok! x

• dione

your perfect getting a small airpump it is like 10 money. alongside with air tubing and a small air stone... average some 15 greenback undertaking... plenty extra inexpensive than attempting to make your very own.

Wow!!! People still buy those? You should slap whoever bought them, even if it is you, and then go out and get a real pet. Or put some fish in the tank with them. Preferrably Betta's. They get along with Sea Monkeys really well. In fact, I heard they live longer when put in a tank together.

same as question one