Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

I'm freaking out here what is this lump?

this is whats exactly on my hand?!

it isn't cancer? could it?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/ganglioncysts/...

the people in the medical section wont answer

Favorite Answer

Hi Diane

Oh well, that figures to you.

I am sure you (as a person who wants to become a doctor) have read too many medical books.

But dont worry Diane. A lump on your hand may have many causes:

The simplest explanation were that that lump was genetically transmitted. So It is most likely a ganglion which is not serious. Unless it is painful or limite the normal activity of your hand you have to do nothing against it.

A lump on hand may develop after an injury of your hand. You may have once broken your hand.

If its a hard bump on the palm of the hand it is probably caused by Dupuytren's disease. But much less probable.

A lump may be caused by arthritis which you will recognice cause its very painful.

If the bump apear whenever you bend your fingers or hand its most probably an harmless nodule near your trigger finger or thumb.

Back to your question: In some really infrequent / rare cases tumors can develop on your hand or fingers.

If thats really the case which is in consideration of the other possibilties very seldom you have to know there are both noncancerous or cancerous one. The probability that you have a cancerous bump is highly unlikely.

I would show it to your doctor the next time you go to him. Cause if its really cancer (what i dont think) you can heal the sooner you detect or identify it. And you will be becalmed.

PS: As a little boy in preschool I had detected a fleck which I was afraid of being cancer. My doctor told me then that it was just dirt or paint. Well, i was just a child. But nowadays I can laugh about.

Please Diane, I dont want to make a fool of you. Just wanted to brighten your humor or mood by making a joke..

But I want you to stop worrying about things which are highly unprobable.

Best wishes

Sorry your page was not found! It could be an Alien growing off the side of your hand maybe...

No, it's a lovely lady lump. Enjoy.

• Me

Why would you be asking us? A bunch of everyday people. If you are so worried then stop looking on the net and asking a bunch of people who dont know you and will make jokes and go to your DR! DUH!!!!

maybe a cyst. your link isnt working

Why don't you see your doctor then? All the best.