POOF
POOF asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

How do I make french toast using only eggs, milk, and bread?

My dad told me how to do it, I think he said for every two eggs a 1/4 cup of milk, but I'm not sure. Help?

Favorite Answer

experiment... you have a long life ahead of you. you need to make sure you are making french toast the right way for you, not the way that is right for your dad.

perhaps i can be as a light unto you, in your exploration of french toast, or "freedom toast" as patriots know it. it seems to take about one egg for a piece of bread. this is a great time to use stale bread up, because tougher bread won't fall apart on you during handling. bread (especially tougher bread) can be left to soak overnight. don't feel like you need to make whole slices. french toast sticks are a possibility. they are quicker to soak in mixture, and they fry up a little quicker.

don't burn your butter. some people enjoy freedom toast as a savory dish but I like it sweet. cinnamon, syrup, brown sugar, sour cream, butter, fruit, whipped cream, heavy cream, sugar

check wikipedia

1. Scramble your eggs and add milk...Personally, I use only a couple of tablespoons of milk per egg.

2. Add the milk slowly so you don't over milk the eggs. You can always add more but can never take away.

3. Once these items are combined place your bread in the mixture, let it set for a few seconds then flip it over to the other side and let it set.

Note: If you have cinnamon, it would be good to add that to your egg mixture for a little more flavor.

4. Heat a griddle or frypan on medium heat...you can use nonstick cooking spray to keep the bread from sticking(sometimes I use butter...but it burns easily).

5. Place the egg soaked bread on the pan and let it cook until brown then cook the flip side.

It only takes a few minutes. Just watch it so it doesn't burn. Its a pretty easy meal.

Source(s): Personal experience
  • sapboi

Well you know that the eggs make that yummy little crusty stuff around the edges right, so the eggs are good. Now the milk you got to be careful dont put too much milk in cause or else you will get soggy FT.

Add a little cinimmon to the mix and just a few drops of vanilla too!

this will freak everyone out , cause its soooo good!

Now miz it all up with a fork ... good

now put a little margerine in a pan on medium heat,

not too hot ok.

now only cook one or two at a time ok or they will get soggy

Dip the bread in the mix one at a time and put in pan.

watch the edges for browning then turn over.

make sure they cooked through.

now all done ok.

stackum all up and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

nice

go get the syrup its time for grind!

Invest in a sandwich maker and you will make the best french toast you ever ate!

french toast

3 eggs

1/4c milk

1/2tsp cinnamon

8 slices of bread

Mix together the eggs, milk and cinnamon. dip one side of bread into the bread mixture and place the eggs side down into the sandwich maker. do not satuate the bread.andplace egg side up on top; do not satuate the bread.

serve with butter,,syrup, preserves or powdered sugar.

Your dad was right! 2 eggs, 1/4 c. milk and about 1/2 tsp. vanilla flavoring with it. Beat well and dip the bread in it making sure to cover the bread completely, and lay on griddle. Turn when golden brown.

If you like cinnamon on your toast, put some cinnamon in the egg/milk/vanilla mixture and beat well before putting bread in.

If you want something that will melt in your mouth when you eat it, try sprinkling a small amount of powdered sugar on the toast before putting syrup on it.

I just beat the eggs really well and then add just enough milk to color the eggs to a light yellow, then beat again. Dip the bread in on both sides and fry in frying pan till golden brown, You can also add cinnamon or a little vanilla into the egg mixture for different tastes.

Two eggs, 1/4 cup milk, beat together until mixed well. Heat pan on medium heat, put in one teaspoon of butter per side of the bread, lay bread in mix on both sides and transfer to pan. Don't let the bread sit in the mix but just a second on each side or it will fall apart. Let cook on each side for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Enjoy.

I take 2 eggs to 1 cup milk, mix well. The older the bread the better. I also add a bit of vanilla and cinnamon to my batter.

It is easy, crack two eggs in a bowl add a little milk, don't worry about exact measurements, as if you were making scrambled eggs, scramble them up, dip the bread in the egg mixture and cook on med heat (grease pan first) flip occasionally.

2 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk. Add cinnamon too if you have it. Mix. Dip one side of the bread in, then flip it. Don't leave it in the mix or it'll get soggy. Then pan fry it. it's really easy.