Should I trust promoters who offer to give away their products once I choose to claim one of them?

Products like iPods, Laptops?

Favorite Answer

Yahoo! Small Business has an excellent article (see below for link) about the pros and cons of using promo items to promote one's products and/or services.

I'd say it depends on the product or service that the promoter/vendor is offering. Ever hear of "it costs money to make money"? Well, its very true in marketing.

What would it cost you, the consumer, to respond to a freebie?

Your time?

Your personal info?

Your e-mail address?

Possibility of getting put onto a spam newsletter?

The concept is almost no different than those mall sweepstakes you see for new car/truck/suv promos.

No. Do you really think people give away laptops and iPods just because '' you got lucky''? If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. You have to ''qualify'' for them. Or they will ask you for a major credit card for ''shipping''. Yeah, right. Be extremely careful about these type of offers.

Avoid Scams, and enjoy Life. You are Lucky to enjoy life without free iPod and Laptop, than to enjoy free iPod and Laptop.

Have Lots of FUN and Good time to your-self.

Usually there are strings attached.

I prefer to purchase my own laptop than to be burdened with 100 emails per day of people who are trying to sell me something.