Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

i need a custom messenger bag for a bike.?

looking for a small company.

Favorite Answer

I just recently went through a similar debate. Let me begin by saying there are a ton of bags out there to choose from, and a lot of great bags. I've listed a great site below that has 10 different messenger bags in a side by side comparison. Since this review they've reviewed even more.

I was mainly debating between three bags, the BaileyWorks, the Chrome, and the Bagaboo. Everyone I talk with about BaileyWorks loves their bag. They've been making bags for ages, and they're very very comfortable. They don't customize, but they make a very functional, very comfortable bag.

The Chrome bag is also a high quality bag, but not as high as the other two. However, their seatbelt buckle looks very cool, in my opinion.

I decided to go with the Bagaboo bag. They're customizable, and from what I heard when I contacted the reviewer, they are top quality. Really one of the best bags out there.

One other suggestion I would make for you is ReLoad bags. Customizability is what they've built their business upon. They can and will make any bag you want.

Also if you do a google search you can find some listings for bags, and that can give you some more ideas.

Best of luck!

Small company, my butt! Just get a Timbuk2 classic messenger bag from the website. The colors and features YOU want, always made perfectly in the good ol' USA, and have a LIFETIME warranty!

Not a single person I know with a Timbuk2 bag has been disappointed.

Source(s): Proud owner of a 6-year old Timbuk2 classic messenger & laptop bag, the wife has a Pork Chop, Metro, and large Classic custom that she loves. http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/retail/catalog.htm
  • If you want a really small company I would try myspace...I have a page there and my top 8 are all messenger bag makers most people have never heard of...find the one nearest to yourself and start from there.......Joel Metz who has been running the bike messenger site since it started has this list:

http://www.messengers.org/resources/bags.html

IN REGARDS TO SOME OF THE OTHER SUGESTIONS AND ANSWERS...

I challenge ANYONE who has a "custom" bag from T2 to tell me the name of the person that made their bag..I was looking at some TIMSUCK bags today and the label inside said"MADE WITH PRIDE WORLDWIDE" that bag was made in VEITNAM and some of their bags are made in other various countries..IN FACT the bags that are "made in usa" are most likEly assembled from subassemblies manufactured offshore....The ONLY reason this is of note is that for many years T2 stated in all of the litature they put out that they would NEVER use a sweat shop OR go overseas...what ever you buy PLEASE REMEMBER "YOUR DOLLAR IS YOUR ONLY VOTE" spend from your heart..and wear your bag in good health...

oh yeah two more worth checking

aerostitch-best buy made tough in the USA bags since 88?

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Aerostich-Cour...

freightbaggage--up and coming sf bag maker

Source(s): been making messenger bags for 22 years!
  • dedra

First i'd get a right end MTB, then construct an enclosed, more desirable route over the city. a lot of camelback whoops. alongside the bike portion of the route, i'd installation a railcar device to carry my groceries domicile. human beings would pay me to apply my route and that i'd continuously have the right-of-way. Swedish woman massueses would live at each and each and every end of the route. At artwork, i might want to leave my bike unlocked because it will be enclosed in a rigidity-container that would want to paralyze all and sundry who were given interior some inches of my bike.

The Reload bag is the way to go if you want a full custom bag they are hot !!! real works of art. their phone # is (215) 922 2018

Agree with the Timbuk2 - nice bags, LOTS of choices.