promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

If you want to cut and run in Iraq, what should be done about Iran?

Update:

Iran has meddled in Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine, and now Somalia.

Update 2:

Super Cool Somebody, edit your answer or you will be reported. You have been warned.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If we cut and run like the libs want, we'll lose influence we now have by having troops on their border! This is a comcept the libs can't grasp! A strong America scares the hell out of libs!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • toff
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

First of all the phrase 'cut and run' is at best a juvenile expression concerning a very complex matter. Secondly, the nations intelligence community (11 agency reports), many of the nations leading generals and our allies agree that the morass in Iraq is not going to have a happy ending. Are they, in your opinion, suggesting we 'cut and run'. I am a veteran who is opposed to this war and very adamantly opposed to seeing more lives lost soley in order to save face. I guess that would make me in favor of 'cutting and running' also.

I saw first hand the results of this type of convoluted juvenile politics in Viet Nam. Our government never did explain how it was okay to continue the flow of blood well after they realized the efforts would be meaningless. that kind of policy was inexcusable then and it is inexcusable now.

As for Iran. We have nought but economic sanctions to offer. Our foolish invasion of Iraq has stretched our military forces to the breaking point. The pentagon reports that we are perilously close to not having enough combat effectives to deal with an emergency. Surely you don't suggest an invasion of Iran. That would be disastrous for us and for the region.

At some point in time this administration is going to have to stop using diplomacy as the last resort tool they turn to after all military efforts have failed.

Incidentally, for all of you who want to turn to war so quickly, what units did you serve in? What made your combat experiences so positive that you prefer war over diplomacy?

• 1 decade ago

Yeah and how about Africa? And what about China and Russia? And what if the darn europeans start acting up too? And don't forget the Japs, they bombed pearl harbour.

Ask yourself this trailer boy, how can a country where the poor are let for dead on the streets of its major cities posssibly hope to solve the problems of the World?

Who do you think you are?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Talk to them. Talking worked in the hostage crisis, not a single hostage was killed. The secret negotiations between Reagan's people and the Iranians, to delay the release of the hostages until Reagan's inauguration, certainly worked out well for the republicans too.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Divide Iraq into three nations, one for the kurds, one for sunnis and one for shiites. Have the oil revenues divided up evenly between the three.

• JC
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Mission accomplished about staying the course with a new direction.

I'm sure junior will add to that set of idiotic catch phrases soon and it won't make any better sense.

• E
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Since I dont know anybody who wants to cut and run I dont know how to answer that

• 1 decade ago

This ought to be good. You will have many deny there is a problem. You will have others who will say negotiate, which failed miserably during the hostage affair.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A nice thermonuclear device should do the trick in Iran.

• 1 decade ago

Why is Iran a problem exactly? Because Bush says so?

Sorry his word doesnt count for crap with me anymore.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.