i am 40 weeks and two days pregnant and 2 centimeters dialated when will I go into labor?

i went to the hospital on tuesday night with contractions every 2-3 minutes, but they sent me home after an hour and a half because i wasn't progressing past 2 centimeters. yesterday i was having contractions but they didn't hurt that badly. this morning i am having contractions that are uncomfortable but not worth going to the hospital for. please ladies, give me your stories. i know i should walk, and i know everyone's bodies are different, but share with me how long it took for you to go from 2 centimeters to four or whatever.

Favorite Answer

Ugh - hang in there. You are in the home stretch.

I was at 2 centimeters for 2 weeks. Then my water broke and I had my daughter 5 hours later. I went from a 4 when we got to the hospital and first checked me, to a 7 in 3 hours. I was a speedy freak of nature!

Rest and try to do things that take your mind off the imending birth. I know, easier said that done!

• ?!

it should be about any day now....i did the same thing with my second child, i was hurting pretty badly and went and they said nope only 2 centimeters and sent me home. the next time the pain was excruciating and i went and was 6 and was in labor another 10 hrs....of course it was a 10 lb baby so maybe that was why. my first i didn't even know i was in labor, i went to the doctor for a check up and he said i was dilated 9, i wasn't hurting at all and i stopped at the local convenience store and got a drink and headed to the hospital....2 hrs later an 8 lb. 2 oz'er ! you're right all of them are different...just breathe, walk and when they get 5 minutes apart head for the hospital...as you know they can go from 2 - 10 centimeters very fast....good luck and congrats

Your baby will pop out when it's ready. I went in dialated at 2 centimeters, and they broke my water and then 3 hours later gave me platocin and 4 hours after that my baby girl popped out. The night before they broke my water, I walked around the hospital and had my first "stopped in my tracks" contraction. I'd walk as much as possible, but be near the hospital in case you have an easy labor like I did. Besides, you're past due. Good Luck and I wish you the best!

Ok, now just because they're not uncomfortable, doesn't mean they're not working. I have a feeling it will be sooooooooon!!!

Here's my story with my first...

I was at home cleaning like crazy (nesting like nobody's business!). I started 'leaking', or what I thought was leaking, turned out to be gushes of urine (isn't pregnancy glamorous?). Anyway... I went to the dr and was dialated to a 3, although not in active labor. Being that my dr is 1 hr away, my husband and I went to visit my sister before heading home. At her house I was feeling pretty crampy and uncomfortable, but just sucked it up and went home. We came all the way home and my husband went back to work (it was late afternoon when I called him to drive me, so by this time it was 6pm or later). I was here alone and still feeling crampy (in my back mostly). I painted my nails, ate a bologna sandwich (which i don't recommend), and took a warm bath to stop the cramping. It helped briefly but once I was out...it was back. Husband finally came home and we tried to time the cramps. They were pretty regular so we called the dr and he gave us instructions upon arrival to the hospital. We drove the hr to the hospital, while the pains were getting worse. I was making good use of my birthing classes, let me tell ya! We got the the hospital around 9:30pm and I was dialated past 5! I had our daughter less than 5 hours later. So, while the 'cramps' didn't start out so bad, they got bad and I gave birth within hours!

I know everyone is different, but something tells me you'll be going into labor soon...if you haven't already started. Good luck and congratulations!!!

I had small contractions for 3 days, I finally went to the doctor (at the prompting of my mom) they checked me and I was at 3 cm. They told me to go to the hospital ASAP because my blood pressure was very high, they broke my water at noon and I had my daughter at 6am the next day. I wont lie to you, it sucked. It took forever and there is no way to speed it up. DO NOT drink castor oil. I read something about that online saying it sends you into labor. My friend tried it and she was on the toilet for 6 hours and had her baby 2 weeks later. Just relax and try to take a nap, its the last one you'll have for a while!

well i was 42 weeks when i went into labour and let me tell u before then i thought that my baby was gonna stay in there forever i was 41 weeks not even dialated then when my water broke i was only 1 cm dialated my birth was 37 hours with a c-section because i couldnt dialate past 6cm and thank god i had a csection because my son was 9 pounds and im a failry petit person i wish u luck

my son was due on christmas but and i was walking up and down the steps i know you have heard this before but i walked for about ten minutes and then i sat down and i ate a bowl of cabbage and collard greens mixed together with vinegar and corn bread, and then i had a fresh peach and i was eating that as well, when about 5 minutes of me getting up the get some juice i had sharp pains but i didn't pay it any attention and i got on the couch and i want to say about 3 hours later i was in labor i gave birth to my a 7 pound baby boy on 12/16/05...So good luck

I was at 2 cm when they induced me about 5 days after my due date. I was at 2 cm for nearly two weeks and nothing happened! You still may not go into labor before they induce you. HAVE SEX, it worked for 3 of my friends/cousins. Good Luck!!

Source(s): Mommy of one, second on the way!!! (20 weeks!)

ok for starters they shouldn't let you go past 40 weeks they should have stripped your membranes or when you were having regular contractions given you a drug that increases your contractions i forget the name of it but they gave it to me at 4 centimeters and it definetly sped things up. go to the hospital and demand not ask for something to help you along.

• Me

my friend went to hospital when she was 3 cm and when they ask her to leave she did not, in 1-2 hrs she was almost 10 cm.

so you go to hospital if you think you have to and stay there. just let them know that you want to be there.