Housewives only- Honey-do list??

What kinds of jobs can you not get your husband to do?

Favorite Answer

If he's the only one working, YOU need to do the housework. The only thing a man that works (when his wife doesn't) should be doing is big jobs, such as do-it-yourself remodeling and things that a woman can't handle. He should also at least clean up after himself. But as far as dishes, laundry, vaccuming and mopping - that's why you don't have a 9-5, sweetie!

My husband works. I keep our home, and I also help my Dad at his home twice a week. I do almost all the yard/garden work, shovel snow in the winter and keep things clean and running smooth. I can usually take care of what needs to be done, but if I ask my husband to do something and he keeps putting it off, I start doing whatever it was I asked him to do and then he jumps in and finishes the task!

CLEAN THE STOVE-

I figure if Im the one cooking meals and dinners and lunches for him- He should be the one to clean the stove. I've been asking for 2 years... its never been cleaned. Other than that tho, I dont complain, He does a very good job taking care of all other things.

my husband works two jobs and so now he feels entitled to sit on his A when at home.

that is not working for me now.

I quit my lucrative job to stay home, raise our child th correct way, so he could be th "man " and that's BS- I'm going back to college and work! I can crawl up his butt about house chores!

Like I worked 60 hours a week and fulltime mom at home- so what's the beef? What a spoiled brat!

errrrrrrrrrrrr-you hit a serious sore spot.

The word "housewife" went out in the 60's when all women did was stay home...cook, clean, pop out babies, and "please" their husbands. The correct word is "homemaker", because that is what we do. Open your mind, my friend. Stay-at-home Moms work 24/7/365. You get to go to work, have adult conversations, go out to lunch, have meetings, etc. We cook, clean (especially if we have little ones, it seems that's all we do) and listen to incoherent baby babble all day, change 10 stinky diapers, laundry, dishes....the list goes on and on from sunup to sundown and several times in the middle of the night. And YOU, want to know what YOU can get out of doing. You should be ashamed of yourself for even asking this childish, selfish, pigheaded question!

Source(s): Whatever she asks, DO IT.

I am a homemaker and my husband works very hard all day and I don't expect him to do any chores around the house because I am happy to do it for him because he is a wonderful human being.

my husband doesn't do anything around the house, except go buy some groceries when I can't go to the supermarket...I fix the sink and the whasing machine and clean the stove etc....

I have learned something from 10 years of marriage if I want something done I shouldn't count on my hubby, i should do it myself...........smiling.......but it's ok I don't mind

• Chloe

I can't get him to do anything around the house. I'm just grateful he has a job to take care of me and our two boys so I may stay home & take care of them..

• 38C

Well I showed him wear the clothes basket is because he doesn't know he keeps taking off his clothes and leaving them where he took them off. Finally he at least puts them BESIDE the clothes basket. But at least its closer than it was. Laundry is hard for him too do

well, i usually can get him to do stuff but i have to stay on him about it. he doesn't like doing yard work, but that is something i really think is stupid to pay someone else for when we have all the tools and equipment and he is off on the weekends.