i have a old PlayStation just blown the dust off it will it connect to a new plasma and what do i need?

and what goes where i have not played this for 5 years due to hand acciedent and just fancyed a fiddle cheers i m 40 years old and i expect there is a million teenagers laughing there heads off at me so when you have stopped could you let me know what to do

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

On the back of your plasma or on the side of the plasma you will see three jacks next to each other either vertically or horizontally. They will be yellow, red, and white.(maybe not in that order). Take the cords connected to your playstation and plug each jack into the right one(according to color).

The jacks should have a label beside or below them that says which port they are plugged in. For example, video 2 or componant one, or componant 2, or front video, or side video. Once you know what port they are plugged into you have to get to that on your screen. Your plasma should have come with a TV remote get that remote and find the button the button that coresponds to the port your playstation is plugged into. If you do not have a button for that port then look for a TV/Video button. Press that button to scroll through the ports(video 1,video2, componant 1). Scroll till you find the port your playstation is on.

Hope this helps!

• 1 decade ago

the original PlayStation's cable is the same as the PS2, so im sure that you can buy a HighDefintion cable: yellow, white, and red attachments. this is what the new tvs use.

Source(s): Im a gamer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just get a newer playstation

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

All you need is the av cable for the psx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.