Have you ever heard that anyone won an Asylum case and ...?

actully got a greencard. I am in a process for asylum and have my 3rd hearing soon. I don't know what to expect and if i need to find other ways to stay in this country as i don't reallyl hope to be approved for asylum and never heard anyone was. Pls advise if you know anythign about it. thanks a lot

Favorite Answer

If your application is approved for asylum then it can defiantly lead to permanent residency. Remember you should file for asylum at point of entry or before one year of residing in the U.S. other conditions may apply, such as the ability to apply after one year of residency if the conditions in your country have changed. You may also apply for asylum even if you are in the U.S. illegally, however, you must meet the requirements of a refugee. You must reside in the U.S. for one year before qualifying for adjustment of status. The chance of you actually getting approved depends on your situation and the qualifying event (what is unsafe in your country).

If you would like additional information visit my website at www.crystalibarra.com

I will be able to answer your questions depending on your particular situation.

Good luck

Crystal