HElp: Family Problems!?

my mom hasnt ever been the type of mom that most kids expect to have growing up. I always had what I wanted & food & clothes & stuff but thats not what i mean. she was mean to me & my sisters, not just physically but mentally. She tried to tear us down when we tried to achieve things. Weeks before my sister graduated college, my mom had finally driven my sister to the point of killing herself. she didnt succeed and was only put in a pysch ward for awhile. My mother also would slap us or make fun of us until the point of tears. I am 15 now & my mom left to take care of my papaw in Texas. She left 4 mos. ago & hasn't come back. She doesnt even care for my papaw anymore. She just stays high at her friend's house. My sister has a baby now & she missed his birthday and the holidays! She said she may not even be home for my 16th b-day! If not I can't get my permit b/c my stepdad can't sign for me.What do I do? I've taken on the roles of the parent! Im ready 2 give up! My dads lazy& wont hlp!

Favorite Answer

have your sisters sign for custody of you. your mother abandoned you, so legally you can have your sister, stepfather, maybe an aunt or someone else you trust to take custody over of you. i was also a drug user, i have been clean for 4 years. my daughter is now 14, and i couldn't imagine hurting her, or ever turning my back on her. i live in Ohio, i would let you come here. please use this experience to make your life better. just remember how you DON"T want your life to end up. good luck baby girl!!!

I would get the State involved. Obviously you have a computer so do some research on what your state can provide for you. You can have yourself emancipated from your parents through the court of law. If what you are saying is really true then you need to get some sort of authority involved. If you are in school ask for your teachers help or your guidance counselors help. There are options. Get good grades so that you can get into a good college possibly on scholarship, that way you can get away. Good luck, educate yourself on your options, be strong, and don't give-up.

• iam sorry to hear about his. if i was in ur position iwould work really hard in school so that one day ucanget a good job and help out ur pawpaw and sisters . ur mom is not a good mother but dont lether actions stess u out just pray to god and he will hel p u

Call a trusted relative or friend and move in with them.

your mom needs help,to drive her daughter into suicude, she really needs help. just take care of yourself and your sister. love each other and put all this behind you.

Source(s): Good luck Sweetie