promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should we do what the democrats suggest, and cut and run?

It would result in even more terroism and instability in the middle east. It would show the the US is just a "paper tiger" and the terrorist would of course claim it as a victory. My question is, do we stay and finish the job, or leave. What will we tell our children and grandchildren when they have to fight these same people because we didn't have the forsight, the balls, or the resolve to stop it now. You are stupid if you don't realise this is only going to get worse if we don't finish the job. Will you apologize to your children and grandchildren when they are killed by these terrorists that we could do something about today? Do you even care about anybody other than yourself? Do you?

Update:

Democrats don't say they want to "cut and run", but that's exactly what they want. Read the writing on the wall people. We should stop it now while we have the chance, not leave it up to our children, even if that mean I have to go over ther myself. Do you people not see what will be comming 10, or even 20 years from now. Do you not care. I have very close friends and family members in Iraq right now. They believe in what they are doing and don't want their children to have to fight the same thing on down the line.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I believe you said it all.......I agree with you 100%..... It's a tough call ,but there is no choice. It has amazed me how many people after 9/11 have all the answers. When the towers were destroyed everyone wanted to get even, now it's amazing how many armchair quarterbacks have came out of the woodwork......Where were these so insightful people when they were needed......telling us we need to go to war......now after the smoke clears , everyone wants to point fingers.....I am a Fire Captain and I tell my guys if you see something I don't see at a fire tell me we are a team....Don't wait till we are back at the station and ask why we didn't do it this way or that way......If you have a better idea give it to me NOW!!!!! not later when any moron can come up with solutions........Thanks for your question!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Well, the first problem with your question is that it is what they call a "straw man" argument. You support the Republicans, so I'll have to assume you have no idea what a straw man argument is since you probably fall for them all day long.

This link might help you understand:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

To answer your question, what we should do is REALIZE that Democrats DON'T suggest "cut and run". "Cut and run" is a button-pushing buzzword made up by clever Republican spin-meisters to fire up the anger of idiot rednecks who bristle at the idea of American "wimping out"

It has NOTHING to do with what the vast vast majority of opponents to the current strategy in Iraq are proposing.

If you are stupid enough to believe that inflaming violence in Iraq is going to PROTECT us from terrorism here, you are beyond reasoning. I cannot help you.

All I can say is try...TRY somehow to look at the FACTS of what is happening and stop listening to OPINIONS and allowing yourself to be TOLD WHAT TO THINK AND CONCLUDE.

Forget MY opinion of the war and forget FOX news' opinon. Stop listening to Republicans AND Democrats and your family and idiot friends. Do some reasearch. THINK about what is actually happening in Iraq. Is more fighting going to solve the problem? What are we going to do? Kill every person in the country who disagrees with us? There will be 10-20 of the population left. Then what? Tell them they have to be Democratic or else and leave and expect that it will all work? Does that sound realistic to you.

• 1 decade ago

Sounds to me that the only person you are thinking of is yourself, unless of course you happen to be one of the guys on the front line who is actually risking his life every day.

Maybe you can figure out how to explain to my kids why their uncle died overseas, and nothing has changed at all. We are not preventing terrorist attacks by doing this. We have been in existence for hundreds of years, 3 terrorist attacks in all that time.

We were not a nation plagued by terrorist before and nor are we now. Our population is just getting smaller because we send people to die daily, knowing that in the end, nothing will be changed because all we are doing is trying to make everyone else like us, and they don't want to be like us.

• 1 decade ago

We are not there to fight terrorism, bring freedom or for WMDs.

It doesnt matter if we leave tomorrow or ten years from now.

The war on terror is like the war on communism an never ending war that be forever instigated to make a profit for the industrial war machine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Tell me what democrat said to "cut and run." This is a term used by republicans to bring up what happened in Vietnam. An exit strategy is what is called for.

• 1 decade ago

we should go fight where child prostitution and

molestation is legal...oh wait...that's iowa...

do what thou wilt and be damned if what thou

wilt is to ignore and participate in the destruction

of innocence.

even if we were to stay and fight in iraq,

with the pedophiles in power now, what we would

win is legal pedophilia and sex slavery in arabia, in

which case we'd lose. anyway it's sliced, we're doomed with the powers that be doing what they do.

Source(s): `,`,`ait...the age of sexual consent in north carolina is 16 and abortions are legal at 20 weeks http://www.gynpages.com/rwho/ so that means that john edwards is a pedophile, baby killer or a facilitator of pedophiles and baby killers. he should be jailed. i have provided these solutions repeatedly to the dhs, cia, whitehouse congress and the media and they and you have rejected them. why yall being so adamant in protecting all the rights of terrorists, sex traffickers and coward pedophiles to exist and oprerate freely? e,`,`,an y,`,`, yas `,`,` god bless the righteous and curse the damned... `,`,`ait, that's great! i am running for president in '08 and demanding that president bush take heed and resign, now. he's probably devising a plan to commit suicide and take as many of us with him as possible john al tate, 3 in the beginning God always overpowered the evils of all man's sins... but in time the nations grew weak and our cities fell to slums while evil stood strong in the dusts of hell lurked the blackest of hates for he whom they feared awaited them... Now many many lifetimes later lay destroyed, beaten, beaten down, only the corpses of rebels ashes of dreams and blood stained streets it has been written "Those who have the youth Have the future" so come now, children of the beast. be strong. Beast wrong And Shout at the Devil dunt dunt duuuuuuuhhhhhhhh i'm no racist and i don't discriminate against folks just because they're morons, pricks or `,`,`asted skin. i am not a homophobe either but i recognize that promiscuous anal intercourse is a detriment to public health. i ascertain that many people appear to be normal, decent folks who secretly take money from fudge packers like the log cabin republicans to run for governor of california, like arnold schwarzenegger did. then they say in public that they oppose gay marriage. many people appear to be straight up, but when they're alone with a child they can't help themselves but to phuck, butt phuck and get butt phucked and phucked up. they should be ,`,`,arked on the face and exiled from public. forcible rapists should be castrated, executed, exiled, ,`,`,arked on the face and head or made to receive the mark of the beast/passport id microchip an antichrist is planning to impose on all citizens in 2008. don't hesitate. dethrone that faggot gw, now and place me in the whitehouse, before it's too late. john a tate iii www.myspace.com/redrodtemple even if youre not a believer, in king ysh`,`,`a ,`,`,ake meekingnikemeka,`,`,akemeking`,`,``;`roc do you believe pedophiles and rapists should be exiled, castrated, labotomized, ,`,`,arked on the face, and given the option to receive the id/passport card/microchip. christians, which gw bush professes to be, know that the id chip is the mark of the beast, which will condemn those who have it to hell. even if religion is just a scheme to get christians to kill themselves thinking that they'll be raptured up, the tyranny and greed is intolerable in a free country. if you want to keep your money and travel, you will need it, no matter who you are, but i say oust him right now and name me president. require the id chip only for violent felons, domestic abusers, child molesters, abusive pimps, rapists and grand thieves. peace and `,`,`ar spread the `,`,`ord. please sign these petitions to ban pedophiles from marrying their victims' parents and each other, and to save dog the bounty hunter... and have your friends do it to;) http://www.petitiononline.com/dog0906/petition.htm... urge president bush to threaten mexican president calderon with military action if dog is prosecuted. and raise the age of sexual consent to 18. comments@whitehouse.gov raid dc in 14 days. `,`,`1-11-07`,`,` sen levin - 202- 224-6221 sen warner - 202-224-2023 president bytch - 202-456-1111 sen specter - 202-224-4254 sen santorum - 202-224-6324 sen kennedy - 202-224-4543 sen kerry - 202-224-2724 rep paul - 202- 225-2831 sen lugar - 202-224-4814 sen mccain - 202-224-2235 spkr pelosi - 202-225- 4965 Source(s): dc 1-11-07. join us. http://www.debbieschlussel.com/ it's hard to believe yall gettin upset over a little abusive free speech. instead of making issue up outta the use of certain words. why don't you try condemning ebophiles, pedophiles, real violence st. boniface became pope today in 418 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Boniface_I the age of sexual consent in north carolina is 16 and abortions are legal at 20 weeks http://www.gynpages.com/rwho/. this means that john edwards is a pedophile baby killer or a facilitator of pedophiles and baby killers. he should be jailed. i have provided these solutions repeatedly to the white house and the department of homeland security and they and you have rejected them.. why yall being so adamant in protecting the rights of terrorists, sex traffickers and coward pedophiles to exist and oprerate freely? eman ym yas `,`,` god bless the righteous and curse the damned... `,`,`ait, that's great! i am running for president in '08 and demanding that president bush resign, now. john al tate, 3
  • 1 decade ago

Liberals have no idea how their actions affect anything. They act as if their intentions are the only thing that matters.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.